nozzle upgrades

Tim @ P.I.S.

At what point (hp wise) are upgraded nozzles required? I know with common rail technology you can go farther with stock injectors, just curious at which point they need upgrading?

Thanks

What version motor? The common rail 600's can easily go past 600 HP on stock nozzles. The 555 engies will not come close though on stock tips.

those are drug free numbers. 600's will do around 625 +/- 15 HP if you have adequate air to support the fuel. I did 613 with downloader/TST, twin turbos and a pusher pump

I have seen the 600 range on the 03-04 trucks too. I personally know someone (a manufacture) who pushed the 04 truck to it's limits and actually said that they had to upgrade the CP3 before the injectors. BUT- they were using special tuning that effected the pulse timing so this could be a factor as well not really sure. They were able to produce in the 615-620 range before the CP3, then after the injectors, they were able to get close to the 700 mark...

I have not seen the numbers personally but I really have no reason to doubt him...

Last edited:
Getting my MP8 this week (I hope it comes in), and having my tranny done next week............Givin my current setup (my sig.) along with the MP8 installed and on 50%, Without dynoing it, what are the numbers i'm likely to make HP/TQ?????????????????????

Big Swole said:
Getting my MP8 this week (I hope it comes in), and having my tranny done next week............Givin my current setup (my sig.) along with the MP8 installed and on 50%, Without dynoing it, what are the numbers i'm likely to make HP/TQ?????????????????????
Stock huffer is going to hurt you. 450 to 475rwhp is not uncommon with your mods.:Cheer:

Tim @ P.I.S. said:
At what point (hp wise) are upgraded nozzles required? I know with common rail technology you can go farther with stock injectors, just curious at which point they need upgrading?

Thanks

I made 670rwhp with stock sticks and stock long block. (no cam) I could have pushed it to 700 with another stack but looking for reliability. This is on a 600 series motor.$.02

sootman said:
Stock huffer is going to hurt you. 450 to 475rwhp is not uncommon with your mods.:Cheer:

Will a High Tech 62/14 get me to the 500 mark????

Big Swole said:
Will a High Tech 62/14 get me to the 500 mark????
easily, high 500's with stock sticks and a good stack. a 64 would be a better choice. you won't out grow it so quickly and it tows good. It will also keep your egt's down better.$.02

the factory chargers on the 600 motors will supply adequate air on a dyno to make 550 HP. On the street it will be very hot though. And yes, the 62/14 will get you there.

sootman said:
easily, high 500's with stock sticks and a good stack. a 64 would be a better choice. you won't out grow it so quickly and it tows good. It will also keep your egt's down better.$.02

I figure 50 or 90 nozzles and the High Tech 62 or 64 will be about all i'll do for a long while.........this is my street and daily driver......Tow a horse or motorcycle trailer from time to time...........I just figure the 62 will spool a little better for my daily stuff.........????????

Thanks for the input BTW

Big Swole said:
I figure 50 or 90 nozzles and the High Tech 62 or 64 will be about all i'll do for a long while.........this is my street and daily driver......Tow a horse or motorcycle trailer from time to time...........I just figure the 62 will spool a little better for my daily stuff.........????????

Thanks for the input BTW

I've got a customer with a 03 4wd dually with 6 inch lift on 22.5 semi's and 40 inch tires. He has 90hp sticks, edge sleezey,and smarty. His turbo is the old sled puller 66 and he can pull anything! Pulls equipment everyday for John Deere. SB64 will work great for you. PM me for a great price on one.:Cheer:

Back