NP205

mcolussy

Just wandering at what horse power level these 205s usually break at when pulling

I was running 5x18,an s400,full cuts,no plate and didn't brake mine,can't give you a hp # though I ran that setup for 3 1/2 yrs Hope it helps you Eric

They will take alot of abuse!!! Dont have a hp # either but the are one of th e strongest I think.

i have a few hooks on mine and beat it pretty much every day not a single problem yet...now that i said that it will prolly crack in half.

thanks kinda reassuring did a 68 f250 conversion and put new running gear and a t-case along with a lot of stuff to the motor 5x18, 66/71 4k and some comp delivery valves. so just didnt know what was going to be the weak link

The weak link on them is the 23 spline input found behind automatics, but you guys with sticks shouldnt have any problems.

I have a fix for the guys with autos and 205s, PM me for info.

I have over 400hp and 800ft tq running thru mine and its been fine.

I've seen 800hp pulling trucks that still use the np205, so you wont have to worry about that for awhile.

I've seen 800hp pulling trucks that still use the np205, so you wont have to worry about that for awhile.

Brians wasn't exactly stock, and it did break quite often.

But I havn't busted mine....yet and I know a few others that run em with little no trouble yet.

I jus busted mine last night. Sheared the output shaft on the rear. Anyone know wherer to get billet shafts?

Get ahold of Mark Burress, I think he's out in central indiana. He supposedly running some super duper rear output in the 205.

Lemme check some old pms i might have his number.

I'll dig up another number for ya too for a local to me guy that was running a similar shaft.

PM sent on Mark Burris's phone number;). The rear output shaft he's got holds, but the case itself didn't this last time, split it in half:bang.