NV4500 question

fearthedeere6.7

I pulled the top cover off my tranny to check the gears now i cant get the dang thing back on. ive tried everything i can think of. Any tips?

Make sure the tranny and shift tower are both in neutral. Align the forks, should be good then.

make sure all the shift forks line up with the corresponding rings on the shafts.

Make sure the tranny and shift tower are both in neutral. Align the forks, should be good then.

X2. this is the way i've always done it, and seems to work good. just have to be a little patient sometimes.

got the tower back finally and now when i get everything lined up and on when its in a gear the trannny seems bound up? Im confused

gotta make sure you get the fifth/reverse slider in then get the rest in. kinda goes down at an angle until its almost closed.

shift fork is probably behind one of the shift collars.... in which case you trans is trying to go (or is in) two gears at once causing the trans to bind up... happened to one i had jus kept messin with it till all the forks lined up and everything worked great

Back