NV4500 questions.

Milford

What parts would I need to buy and where would I buy them to change a NV4500 ou GMC t of a GM over to fit on a dodge? I have a 77 GMC that has a NV4500 in it out of a mid 90s GM and I am going to be dropping in a 12v p-pumped cummins. I think I will need a new input shaft and I know I will need a different bell housing. What else would I need to get it to mount up?

the cummins output is a 29 spline but if you stick to the gm transfer case you dont have to worry about that the only other thing is the gear ratios are different in the gm models

its a Divorce mount NP205 on there. I think the input shaft is not the right length and is a different spline then what the cummins uses.

The GM NV4500 has a lower 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. Obviously 4th is 1.00 and 5th is the .73 OD on both.

depending on the case will depend on what you need. GM's had two different cases there was the 93-94 and the 95-up. you need the 95 and newer.and then all you will have to do is change out the bell housing, input shaft, bearing and retainer. as for the output shaft if your using a divorce transfer then its not a problem but depending on the axles you use if its a GM then get the transfer case to bolt up to it otherwise you will need to find the tail housing to match the t-case you want.

depending on the case will depend on what you need. GM's had two different cases there was the 93-94 and the 95-up. you need the 95 and newer.and then all you will have to do is change out the bell housing, input shaft, bearing and retainer. as for the output shaft if your using a divorce transfer then its not a problem but depending on the axles you use if its a GM then get the transfer case to bolt up to it otherwise you will need to find the tail housing to match the t-case you want.

The trans is already mounted up to this T-case

Ok in that case just hope its the right case to match up to the bellhousing