Nv4500 removing problems

cummins-dodge

I put the valair twin disc in three years ago and this year it was slipping going down track then grabed about 150-200ft now I am trying to remove trans and can't get it to split from the motor try bell housing and motor and bell housing and trans not having luck driving chisels around bell housing to trans when I pull chisel out to move around trans and gap springs back shut I am puzzle

Pull it bellhousing and all. Leave transmission attached to bellhousing.

I try to take it off all one piece and can't get it to budge at all prying and using chisels and it just springs back close never had this problem before could input shaft be twisted

are you sure you got all the bolts removed? hook the slave cyl back up to the trans and have someone press in the clutch while someone trys to wiggle it out. not a 4500, but ive pulled a few 10 speeds that i had to do this on. i cant figure out why it even helped. with the trans in N, everything shound move free in the trans and not let anything bind up.

Man that sucks! The clutch disk is stuck on the splines. Try what's mentioned above. Push the clutch. It still should come apart by un bolting bellhousing from adapter.

We had one the splines in the clutch got messed up and wouldn't split. had to cut a hole in the bell housing and put a wrench in to remove the bolts on the clutch and pull the clutch all at one time with the transmission