Nv4500 swap no cruise

JR12

Ok guys I've been on google for the last 3 days. I swapped in an nv4500 in my 99 and can't get cruise to work. Clutch safety and all other sensors are hooked up and working. Anyone ever run into this issue?

Pickup is a 99 but motor and all wiring is out of an 01. Help me out if you can.

All vacuum lines are good and have been checked. Checked all lines when my heater was defaulting to defrost. So I know they are good

Does the light come on when you push the button?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Is it vacuum actuated cruise? Some of the 01's were electric and some were vacuum, all 99's are vacuum. Might check the actuator under the driver battery and double check the clutch switch.

Dedinitely vac operated. 01 motor came out of an auto. Electric cruise came on the HO motors. I know the clutch switch is working because it only starts when the pedal is pushed in. I'll give the actuator a check but it's weird it worked with the auto but when i switched to manual it quit.

Do you have the clutch switched jumped or a real switch in place. If it's jumped the truck thinks you have to clutched pushed in.

Actual switch on the pedal. Only starts when clutch is pushed in. I keep reading about cutting a wire off on a 94-97 pickup but wasn't sure if there was something like that that would work with an earlier year pickup

Sorry guy, I'm out of ideas. You might check moparman1973's page and see if he has the ohm readings for the cruise and start checking wires.

Thanks for the ideas though.. I'll definitely keep digging in to it

Cruise control sucks on the vacuum units... especially when the power is turned up. I say get used to not using it. LOL.

Do you still have the tps hooked up?

If not this is probably the problem.

I tried removing my TPS when I did my conversion. Everything was fine except the cruise didn't work.

Nice catch Bob.