NV5600 - 5,000 miles.

Broaner

Been There n Broke That
Are you tired of shattering g56's or got a hankerin' for big power in the future? Here you go. This was re built by Standard Transmission in Fort Worth. Many consider them to be the best in the business when it comes to NV5600's. All wear items were replaced as well as some of the gears and little pieces that were less than perfect. They offer a 1 year/12,000 mile transferable warranty. There is 6 months left on that warranty. This has been a stellar unit but I need to free up cash for other projects. I have a built trans in the truck now and no longer need this one. I was going to keep it as a spare but I need to build a head at the very least and maybe a short block as well.

-It has the power lube mod which allows better shifting, lube and cooling to the gears. This is very important for towing heavily in 6th gear. Many of you may be aware of the common 6th failures.

-Has the larger 1 3/8" input(Standard in all 3rd gens and HO 2nd Gens).

-Has been ran overfull by a lot and with FASS PTO coolers since day one so its had plenty of lube. Coolers will be included in sale. I've switched to a different style on the built trans.

-Has been behind a 3250# triple disc since day one and they are much softer engagement so its been treated very well. Has never seen a 4x4 launch.

-It saw ~800 for roughly 500 miles before I pulled it to put the built one in.

This was offered in OEM applications from '00-05 and can easily be swapped into any truck that has a G56. I have details on that if interested.

Asking price is $4000+shipping or trades. Willing to deliver anywhere in Southern WI at no charge. I will consider trades so let me know what you have to offer. You may think my asking price is high. Thats fine. Just a good core is $1200 or more. I have bought a $2500 reman'ed unit and it was dead in 6 months. These NV's are definitely a get what you pay for situation.

Trades I'm interested in:

-Secondary sized t4 turbos. 63/68/.91 T4 divided w/ 3rd gen cover would be great. Billet would be another bonus.
-Good common rail head. Mild to wild is OK. DJ machine side draft w/ P&P would be perfect.
-Polished stainless diesel T4 manifold with wastegate port.
-Wastegate depending on brand.
-Good bore 5.9 shortblock. Can be .020".
-Good 6.7 crank.

Here she is when I installed in November. She's slightly less shiny now. ;)
[ame="http://s939.photobucket.com/user/Broaner/media/7AE3C575-5445-4EFF-9C33-4E8B2000AA93_zpsxr9yfw0v.jpg.html"]7AE3C575-5445-4EFF-9C33-4E8B2000AA93_zpsxr9yfw0v.jpg Photo by Broaner | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Dayum. Wish this would have been available last fall I would have been all over it.

Honestly, I feel the extra lube feature you added was a waste IMO.....but that's just me. I used to haul everyday with my 03 and I never touched the trans or the fluid for over 200,000 miles and we grossed 26k everyday. I finally had to have it redone at 312k because I had teeth chipped off of two gears. Had Standard Trans all lined up for a rebuild and then found out a guy who runs an auto trans shop here in Waco builds manuals at his house. Had new bearings, seals, and two new gears put in for $900. I didn't figure that was bad because everything else including the syncros were still good. However, after the build I do run the extra two QTS of fluid for insurance.

Its more important for smooth shifting over 3,000 revs. Night and day difference. I can't say much about the 6th gear towing issues. I never tow so I haven't been able to test that part of the improvement. I will say, I blew up 6th gear in a non "power lubed" NV5600 at roughly 650hp last year. 20k on that rebuild before it blew up cruising in 6th at 70. Also, the 6th gear failures are hit or miss. Thanks for the input though.

Anyway, here is more info on available transmission upgrades.
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-performance-parts-discussion/1509986-nv5600-upgrades.html

Last edited:
Back