NV5600 guru's needed. Rebuilding NV5600. Question on upgraded synchro springs.

R_Hill

Hey guys I'm looking for some knowledge on upgrading synchro springs while I'm inside my trans. I'm in the middle of putting all new bearings and synchro rings in her. I've got all necessary tools to complete job and have made my own lifting fixture for installing gear sets into the trans upon assembly. Anyway browsing ebay I found "upgraded" synchro springs which are said to be a heavier spring. The theory makes sense to me but I want somebody who knows better than me that can confirm these would help a nv5600 with it's slow shifting. I know a lot of the shifting comes from the ridiculous shift rail setup which becomes apparent when you see it for the first time. But I feel these springs would help out the slow process a little. Maybe they would make to much pressure and cause accelerated wear. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Here is a link to the springs. Also I am running the correct 5w-30 synchro mesh oil and I also run 7 quarts.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/NV5600-6peed-Upgraded-Synchronizer-Springs-for-Dodge-Ram-Cummins-NV5600-/281700217474?nav=SEARCH

I've been wrong many times, but I don't think changing shift speeds is what those are for.

I don't think there's any way of increasing the shift speed of an NV5600. The close shift pattern and gates being small is really what makes it seem slow. If you don't care to disengage the clutch, just grab gears lol.

I suppose the springs would just give it a more "solid" engagement so to speak. I have noticed with the overly complex shift rail setup there seem to be much greater chances of binding up. Maybe a fluff and buff would help out some. But then again there's an awful amount of weight for the not so hi-tech synchros to synchronize so I think I'll be fighting a losing battle no matter what I would do. Short of better synchros that to my knowledge do not exist it's totally pointless to try.