NV5600 Mechanic

Bodacious

Comp Diesel Sponsor
My son's 300k+ '01's NV5600 started making some bearing noise and was difficult to get into 3rd, 4th, & 5th gear. The input shaft is pretty sloppy.

I donated the NV5600 I'd swapped into my 1st gen so he's back up and running.

What are your all's thoughts on the old trans? Should I just swap it out for a re-man or does anyone know of a reputable shop relatively close to Weston, WV who could rebuild this one?

I heard great things from Standard Transmission out of Fort Worth TX. Thats where ill be sending mine over the summer.

There's a guy in wv I've used a bunch good guy and does good work his name is Travis pm if u want his number. He's pretty fast too. Keeps just about everything for nv4500-5600 in stock.

I believe some of the builders are doing mods to the rear bearing, so it gets more lube back there.
Sometimes it's hard to find someone to rebuild them, as they are pressed together with extremely high pressure on some parts.

Someone who rebuilds NV5600s properly is worth his weight in gold.

Mark.

I believe some of the builders are doing mods to the rear bearing, so it gets more lube back there.
Sometimes it's hard to find someone to rebuild them, as they are pressed together with extremely high pressure on some parts.

Someone who rebuilds NV5600s properly is worth his weight in gold.

Mark.

This Travis guy he drills some holes so the oil can get back there easier and moves the fill plug up to hold some extra fluid. He redone my cousins and it's been going strong for 50000 so far so good

ZBAG in Minnesota. Hands down.

Mark and Matt pull with us in NTPA. Top notch guys and quality.

ZBAG in Minnesota. Hands down.

Mark and Matt pull with us in NTPA. Top notch guys and quality.

Dealt with them on parts, with fantastic results.

I have a buddy that had a less than stellar experience with one of their NV5600s that grenaded, in a BONE STOCK truck, and they told him to go pound sand.
Just relaying an experience of a very reputable and honest person.

Mark.

I sent mine out to Blumenthal's in OKC, the work done seems to be good, but they were not very upfront on pricing. I asked for the "worst case" number, it was one I could live with, what I wound up paying was close to $800 higher. Once they had my money it was hard to get someone to talk to me for some reason. Good warranty, but I would not deal with them again.

I contacted the Travis fella and will be taking the tranny to him tomorrow. I think I'd rather get this one fixed than going with a reman.

Thanks for the replies.