NV5600 refuses to engage 3rd

roachie

Taco Master
Coming home the damn thing decided that 3rd dont exist. It wont go fully in the gate. It lacks 1.5" of travel to come even with 1st and 5th. All other gears are fine, made no noises prior.

A few weeks ago it got stuck in 4th after a pull power pull on the street and I finally kicked it out and has seemed fine since.

Thinking I bent the damn shift fork. Ideas?

There is a roll pin that falls out that Ive seen cause the issue with not going in 3rd.

Where is this roll pin?

It will go far enough forward to grind a little, just barely enough to hear.

Im not sure...I asked the guy that builds our trans. Friday about it after reading this. I knew we had one to come in shop doing this and it was a pretty simple fix...Ill ask him monday when I get to shop.

Holy crap that's a pain in the a$$ Some things are worth sending out to be done!

Holy crap that's a pain in the a$$ Some things are worth sending out to be done!

when 3rd went out of our nv5600 we started to fix it ourselves then figured out how you have to slip the whole case off and then just sold it and bought a used one, no problems so far

The nv4500's are nothing close to the pain in the a$$ a 5600 can be, so if it is a rebuild (which it's not) do it yourself. You don't by chance have a short throw shift on it do you?