Nv5600

GearHead_Mafia

I am in need of a nv5600. I'm tired of blowin my 4500 up n this last time it went it ain't worth fixin. Anyone got one out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you think a 5600 is indestructible? Don't get me wrong, I loved my 5600 but broken main shafts, 6th gear failing are common problems. Add in the fact parts are hard to find and then when you find them they're more than like Chinese aftermarket so you're rebuilding with a cheaper/weaker part than the oem you broke. Have you upgraded every part possible in your 4500?

Sent from my XT1080

In my personal studies of NV4500 problems most come from oversized tires and high HP/TQ setups. The tires tend to trap torque and power in the drive-line cause the then next weakest thing to fail which is typically the transmission. To date I'm right at 230k miles never expreienced a 5th geat nut failure and only broke 1 clutch hub. But have more than enough power to be pulling my 31' Jayco trailer trailer and spin the tire loose in 2nd or 3rd gears.

Just food for thought...

My trans has been really hot and in the gears that aren't junk r blue. So yal r sayin I maybe should by another 4500 n do a full spline main shaft quad 4x4 prem rebuild kit n fith gear nut when the rebuild fails? I wasn't sayin a 5600 wouldn't break but isn't a 5600 stronger than a 4500? And yes I have big tires with some power goin to the ground I'm runnin 35s. I got 150 sticks with my smarty on Eco n edge custom drag box(I don't turn it on unless I wanna embarrass someone)

You should be far from breaking anything with that little of mods. Why did it get hot? Low on oil?

I'm not sure bc I didn't build it the last time it was built n that's where I screwed up. When I took it apart I took it all apart with sockets n my hands no ratchets needed so wats that tell ya? Lol if I go back with the 4500 I'm gonna have to buy another 1 3/8 input to match my dual disk clutch there 860$ lol

Plenty of places have the 1 3/8 shaft for half that price

Sent from my XT1080

The shaft I buy is from Haisley n it won't break the only reason y I need a new one is bc one of the my other gears blew n chipped 4th pretty bad

Pure Diesel power, Southbend, Valair, Diesel Power Products. The list is long.

Sent from my XT1080

The only dif between the Chevy 4500 n the dodge 4500 is the input shaft correct?