NX progressive controller

inline6power

more hp than you
hey guys, this is my deal, as many of you know, i have a 3 stage nitrous setup on my truck. all the stages are setup on boost switches. proplem is , when i dyno, and race i have to reset the boost swithes where i want them. i really really like the way the progressive controller works and able to have the ability to tune it the way i want it. my question is, can i buy just the controller and use my existing nitrous stuff to make it work? i also was told it only works with a 2 stage kit, which aint that big of a deal as i can put my first stage on a manual switch. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Yes. As long as the solenoids don't pull more than 40amps each. :evil:

would you happen to have a part number or how much it would cost to just have the controller? how easy is it to adjust and tune the controller

~$250 for the mini-controller with boost (the one we all run). ~$800 for the big controller. It takes a laptop and about a 750 milliseconds to upload the new config to it. The changes are almost instant. Figuring out the interface is a bit interesting until you configure it the first time for your application. Honestly, it took me a month of saturdays to get the right triggers set.

whats the difference between the 2? is the mini programmable via laptop as well? i just want to make sure it will work for my application and that i dont have to buy the whole kit since i have everything here but a controller. also how hard would it be to wire in, does it come with a harness and so on or do i have to make my own deal up.

The big controller accepts lots of inputs. The mini only has an arm wire, TPS wire, tach pickup, trigger wire and a boost input. It's actually a re-badged FJO minicontroller. www.fjoracing.com it comes with a short harness and you'll keep your existing relays to power the positive side of the solenoids.

And we all know that lap tops sitting on seats saying "DANGER TO INTAKE MANIFOLD" when you hit the 2nd 200hp shot look sweet. :D

yeah i think i am going to get it. i just downloaded the computer software and its freakin awesome how you can tune the nitrous curves on each stage. does it come with the cable to connect to a laptop or is that something i would have to buy.

You unplug the main harness to program it with a USB cable. Then unplug the laptop and plug in the main harness again.

You have to mount it relatively close to the solenoids (<2' or so) . It's underhood-proof.

ok one last question. is the data cable long enough to work your laptop from inside the cab or do you have to stand by the hood in order to change things. sorry for so many questions, i just really like to know what i am getting before i get it lol.

You must unplug the main harness to plug in the laptop. You cannot tune & drive.

It's long enough to sit the laptop on top of your radiator to adjust the parameters. Prob wanna keep the 3rd stage on the manual switch since on the first stage you"ll be wanting to change for the track and dyno, plus you can bring in the spray real soon just at a smaller volume.

dzlfarmboy said:
It's long enough to sit the laptop on top of your radiator to adjust the parameters. Prob wanna keep the 3rd stage on the manual switch since on the first stage you"ll be wanting to change for the track and dyno, plus you can bring in the spray real soon just at a smaller volume.
what i may do is tie my 2nd and 3rd stage together and just bring it in slow. i can still adjust my first stage for dynoing and then have a super second stage consisting of 2 soliniods. either that or just keep it on a manual switch like stated.

Jff24Gordn said:
Quit stalling and order the darn thing already. Its worth it.
i gotta figure a way to get it through paypal. thats where i got my money at and thats where i want to spend it. i dont want to transfer the money into my bank and them use my card, and i dont have a paypal credit card so i am kinda screwed till i can finda way to use that money or just put it on my credit card.

bump.............. does anyone know how i can get a progressive controller through paypal?