O-rings or Fire rings

DieselMonster

Hey guys , Looking for reliability up to about 500hp , I do have studs, and all thats in my sig.

DD, truck, getting ready to do more trans upgrades and such. :st:

I dont wanna have to be doing re-torques every 2 weeks and or just constantly having to work on the truck ( thats the current issue already), So i will be keepoing the power to a fun but mechanically easy to keep together level.

You wont need either. Worst comes to worst, deck the head, new HG, and you should be just fine.

All depends on setup, boost and drive pressures as well as the amount of timing your going to run. The guys are right. If its setup correctly you shouldn't need either. But if you feel the need I set my customers up with orings for a daily driver and fire rings for competition.

Great, I was thinking about O-rings just for insurance to keep from a HG leak ( I already have one leaking, and room for power later on down the road ) ..

just wondering whats a going price on O-ring's and machining ? sofar about 1K for the head machining and O-rings installed on head,( I will be doing the head install )..

Great, I was thinking about O-rings just for insurance to keep from a HG leak ( I already have one leaking, and room for power later on down the road ) ..

just wondering whats a going price on O-ring's and machining ? sofar about 1K for the head machining and O-rings installed on head,( I will be doing the head install )..

Location and shops vary. Average cost around here to mag and clean the head, all new hardened pressed seats, inspect guides, deck head and a valve job is 650.00. O-Rings additional $350. Any guides needing replaced average $12 to 18$ each. Port work always additional.

Chris

Good to know .. it seems like prices around the country are really close to the same, got one quote of 500 to deck it and pull the broken bolts out, think i will jump on it ..

Good to know .. it seems like prices around the country are really close to the same, got one quote of 500 to deck it and pull the broken bolts out, think i will jump on it ..

As in broken head bolts? That's a really good deal then.

As in broken head bolts? That's a really good deal then.

Don't think he was meaning broken head bolts as they don't thread into the head... Intake plate, exh manifold bolts or maybe even inj hold downs or rocker bolts?

manifold bolts snapped off.. Both on #6 and both on #1, I was able to get the lower one out of #1 and the tap broke off in top of #1 other wise I would have been doing them my self .