O-rings

97Rebel

I've got a 12 valve ported and polished head with o-rings. It has started to leak oil and coolant to the outside at the #6 hole exhaust side. Head has about 100K of hard towing on it. The water temp has seen 230+ a few times.

Does anyone know of a shop in the Denver area that can surface my head and then re-cut and install new o-rings, valve job also.

Screw ATS, don't like Clint...that guy is a dick.

Ck this

I've got a 12 valve ported and polished head with o-rings. It has started to leak oil and coolant to the outside at the #6 hole exhaust side. Head has about 100K of hard towing on it. The water temp has seen 230+ a few times.

Does anyone know of a shop in the Denver area that can surface my head and then re-cut and install new o-rings, valve job also.

Screw ATS, don't like Clint...that guy is a dick.

You may have a bigger problem. For some reason the back of the block often landslides a wee bit. Drops off. Ck the flatness of the block surface. It may need to be trued as well as the head. Obviously the pistons would need to be shaved a cooresponding amt.

You may have a bigger problem. For some reason the back of the block often landslides a wee bit. Drops off. Ck the flatness of the block surface. It may need to be trued as well as the head. Obviously the pistons would need to be shaved a cooresponding amt.

Yikes! I sure hope not on the block land sliding. How long of a straight edge do I need and what is the allowable tolerance? The block has 175K on it with the last 100K at the 550 HP level.

Mountain High Performance (303) 420-6218

5293 Ward Road, Unit #3 Arvada, CO 80002

Hell of a nice guy...
In the same complex of gAyTS but different business.

http://mtnhiperf.com/

Last edited:
Back