O6 dodge with a trip dog

sleecjr

Ok i have a stock 06 ram. I purchased a trip dog from a buddy. How safe is running this in tow mode. I use this truck for my daily driver and pull a 10k trailer now and then. I was told this was the place to find out.

You should be fine withthe tow tune, but dou yourself a favor and buy a set of gauges. They are needed pulling heavy in hilly terrain. You have a stick or a manual?

I have the auto trans. i was thinking about purchasing the add on piece from bully dog. is this all i need?

Add on piece? you mean the monitor? That will be fine. Also a free-flowing exhaust will help to keep exhaust temps down

yes the heads up piece. I would do exhaust, but i dont want it to loud. Whats good?

What's good is you know something about your new truck Lee...... Gesh you MORON!! HA HA HA HA! Man I just couldn't pass that one up. I'm the one who sold it to him. I kept the OutLook for myself, but soon could be giving it up. He's just concerned about this tranny which is understandable. Myself, I drive a Ford and unfortunatley are CLUELESS about Dodge's trannies, so told him that you guys can defintely help him out. We live here in Florida, which is flat but doesn't mean he won't hit the moutains. Are the Dodge trannies programmable like the Ford 5R110? The one thing I noticed hooking up the BD to his truck, is the Ford program gives you 2 tranny tune options. The Dodge program did not have any tranny options. Lee also is looking for the quietest exhaust system(besides stock for all you funny guys out there) for his truck. Enjoy the site Lee, you can learn a heck of a lot from these people on here. Welcome and talk to you soon. If you decide Lee that you don't like the tuner, I'll always buy it back from you. You've always taken care of me, so I'll take care of you.

On the 06 the exhaust is fairly free flowing, I thought? Regardless a tranny temp gauge is a definite must for heavy towing and the monitor that works with the BD is a good choice.

Harley, the Dodge tranny is not programmable like the Fords, wish it were :bang:

If Lee wants real power hit'n the ground.... one word, SunCoast.

Make a call and a time to be there, head West for a bit for bou't 350 miles. Hand your keys and Credit Card to Joe and find something fun to do.
Recieve keys back from SunCoast and hang on...... :ylsuper:

All fun aside, you will need some hard-parts installed in the trans to really let that engine flex. The engine you have is almost de-tuned, hurting it takes a large amount of stupid. Keep it in TOW and you should be fine....but bump it up too much and the trans will let ya know.:doh: LOL

I've known Lee for 13 years now and he's never had anything really fast. He's had nice cars don't get me wrong, but, he's just into towing his new 5th wheel camper around. BUT, like EVERYONE who buys a diesel who says "Oh... I just want it for towing and fuel economy..." we all know what happens to those guys. Cough Cough ME ME Cough Cough.

Burner, I know exactly what you're talking about as far as SunCoast is concerned. Joe and John have taken great care of me and I recommend them to everyone I talk to. Their Ford 5R110 with a SCT is just crazy. I took Lee for a ride today, it'll snap your neck for sure. I hope Lee frequents this board a lot. If you guys ever have any Audio/Visual questions, he's the one to ask.

Man, this board is really fun. I'm used to TDS, but it's all Ford. You can learn a lot on here. The one cool thing I've noticed from everyone here is there are no Brand Bashers. The Ford guys don't knock Chevy and Dodge, and vice vesa. Everyone's actually civilized. I'm glad I'm home........