OEM Fan removed. Now a Comm error

JasonCzerak

So, I need this fan plugged in for the smarty to program? Is there a way to jumper the wires to fool it? I just have the harness unplugged. Truck ran fun prior to an attempt to reprogram. Just an error code (forgot the number, assuming it was the fan clutch or heater grid)

Makes no sense. I ran without one for 3 months with many reprograms and no errors. I guess I am subscribing for an answer.

No fan here, no problems beside a couple codes, just left it unplugged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I changed nothing... I just let the truck sit over night about 9 hours-ish. 50 degree over night temps, very dry and windy.

Wouldn't ya know, hooked up the smarty for giggles and it took the stock program. re-programmed it again with the SSR tune. runs fine.

So this does suggest a wire that's starting to break and the heat stretches something.

Makes doing work on the truck easier with more room too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WELL

if you deleted all of those heat exchangers up front that fan could double as a prop... just bypass all of those driveline losses.

that desperate for horsepower you gotta pull the oem fan off? nice

Fan clutch hasn't worked for years and it's more then that.

When you think about it, you can force the fans while waiting to stage and while staging and flick it off right before you light the second bulb to have the intercooler the coolest it's going to be.

Back