? oil burner

02 dodge4x4 5.9

Not Through Yet
got an 96 club cab dually problem is she started useing lots of oil last day used run 6 gallons threw her in like 200 miles
of highway
thing is you drive it easy an barely uses any oil
think might be a ring or something plugged up?

6 Gallons in 200 Miles?? Dang are you sure you don't have a bad leak??

How does the blowby tube look?

I would think a compression test is a must at this point. What happens if you let the truck sit at idle?

If you put your hand over the blowby tube do you feel a ton of pressure coming out?

Mine does kinda the same thing. If I run 80+ mph empty, I use a gallon every 120miles or so. Yet if I run 90mph with a load on it, nada, nothing. driving around town, none either.
Only empty and over 80mph. Im going to put another breather assy in the fill tube and cross my fingers.

Im pretty sure mine is due to worn rings. been at 2000* EGT a few hundred to many times, plus it has 200K miles on it. But I dont want to do a compression check, just dont wanna know!!!
Ignorance is bliss.....:bang

If I were you, I'd check 2 things:
First check the breather for obstructions.
Second, and the most common problem: Check all your vaccuum lines. Mine had a vaccuum leak once and used a ton more oil. The vaccuum pump discharges into the crank case, pressurizing it if there is a leak. It will cause a poor ring seal, as well as more crankcase pressure.
It is the most likely culprit....and mine still operated the HVAC stuff and 4wd fine with the leak.

--Jeff