Oil burner

expert35b

Turbo
Ok, my 04 is burning oil at startup until it warms up completely. Once warm and cleaned out it only smokes after a hard rev. Just a puff like valves, kicker is the turbo discharge tube has clean oil in it. checked to see if it was sucking it through the ccv and dosen't appear to be excessive . Any thoughts?

you 100% sure its oil and not fuel? Blue smoke on a diesel isn't the same as blue smoke on a gasser.

Yes I'm sure it's not fuel, it's amsoil synthetic for sure. Plus I allready changed injectors with no cure.

i think it would be the exhuast valves seats in the head are worn out need to be replaced i had a gas burner that did that i know it was a gas and not diesel but it should be checked anyway

How long does it take for the oil level in the engine to go down? How many quarts are you putting back in on an oil change?

You changed injectors? Says 70hp Pensacola injectors in the signature. What did you do swap nozzles?

Turbo discharge tube? The downpipe or the hot side CAC tube? What do you mean its not excessive from the CCV?

Ok lets add to this. Is it an 03 motor in an 04 truck? The drain pipes for the turbos were changed because oil was backing up in the turbos....

My '03 7.3l and my '06 both smoke blue on start up.. My 6.0l has done it since it was New (Both Engines, With new and Old Injectors) Worse the colder it is

Well ,lets see, I swapped complete injectors, I asked pensacola what cc the injectors were and all they said was they flow 20% more than stock. As far as how much oil its burning about 2 quarts in 3500 miles. It's a late 04 truck with itp in the valve cover.As for what I meant about the ccv, I thought maybe it was sucking the oil out of the engine with the new sticks, boost has gone up about 10 psi,but I pulled the ccv out of the valve cover and ran the truck to see if it cleared up . But it didn't. Also pulled the discharge pipe and let the truck idle with a clean piece of white paper held on the turbo discharge to see if its pumping oil but no real signs there either.

1750 to a quart of oil is fantastic... you have a combustion issue of some kind. (timing, nozzle pattern, guessing at things here) But you're not burning enough lubricating oil for it to show up...

And to the other poster, I think you meant valve SEALS not seats. If the seats were bad, you'd have a lot more problems and less power than just smoke.

Back