oil drain nipple in block

I have the same one in my truck, had to um tap it with a rubber mallet to get it to stay in but it has never leaked.

Snedge (Jeff @ Mumau Diesel) is a Cummins dealer and he's a sponsor here!

I purchased this oil drain nipple with hopes of using it on my 6.7 in my dually but it didn't fit. Anyone know where to get one that will fit? And yes I know it states for 1998.5 thru 07 LOL

Straight Nipple Drain for 1998.5-2007 Dodge

The oil drain nipples are the wrong size. I don't know who is machining for them but there measurements are off. I ran into this problem twice, once last summer when installing a 24v twin kit and just recently when my brother tried putting one in from them. Both times we had to bring it in to the machine shop and put it on the lathe. My brother just told me that they took .006 off of his and he still had to pound it in. Very tight fit. When we tried installing them with a hammer you could see it was forming a shoulder where it was resizing the nipple.

Snedge (Jeff @ Mumau Diesel) is a Cummins dealer and he's a sponsor here!

Does Cummins offer a straight nipple like this? I'm going to be using a S366 and 2nd gen manfold, I don't think the stock drain setup would work.

The oil drain nipples are the wrong size. I don't know who is machining for them but there measurements are off. I ran into this problem twice, once last summer when installing a 24v twin kit and just recently when my brother tried putting one in from them. Both times we had to bring it in to the machine shop and put it on the lathe. My brother just told me that they took .006 off of his and he still had to pound it in. Very tight fit. When we tried installing them with a hammer you could see it was forming a shoulder where it was resizing the nipple.

I noticed the same thing while trying to get it installed. I may just have to put it in the lathe and turn it down some. Thanks

Last edited:
Does Cummins offer a straight nipple like this? I'm going to be using a S366 and 2nd gen manfold, I don't think the stock drain setup would work.

Cummins # on the straight nipple is 3931827. It looks just like the one in the link you provided.
I have never tried one on a 6.7 though. I keep them here, so if you want to give me a call we can measure them and see if you have the same thing.