Oil drain tube leak

kc8yhk

disgruntled
can anyone tell me how to fix a leaking turbo oil drain tube? its leaking right where the tube goes into the engine block. I got down there and tried to twist/pull/shake the tube to see if it was loose or something, but it wouldn't budge.

I'm assuming it has o-rings or something to make the seal but it sure is in there pretty tight.

It is just a flat gasket, Cummins sells them for a dollar or two

He is talking about were it goes into the block..It's the orings or it's not pushed into the block far enough.

i think its pushed in far enough... at least it doesn't LOOK like it can go in any further. If I can manage to get the tube to pull out are those o-rings easily replaced from any parts store? or should I just replace the whole tube? it doesn't look like a fun job to do

Replace just the oring,you should beable to get them at any auto parts.It's a pain in the azz to get in and out of the block.

Drain tubes are a pain because they are so stiff, its probably those orings. Make sure its not running down from the flange at the turbo. Just unbolt it from the turbo, and pull up.. Go through the fender well.

Drain tubes are a pain because they are so stiff, its probably those orings. Make sure its not running down from the flange at the turbo. Just unbolt it from the turbo, and pull up.. Go through the fender well.
Yea that's a good way to do it with a stock turbo..With my sps it's next to impossbile to get to those flang bolts..

I've got an HTT turbo. I guess I will be pulling the manifold/turbo combo off to get at that drain tube, one flange bolt I can get to easy... the other would be next to impossible without pulling the turbo off. fun fun

you can get the drain out without pulling the trubo. just grab ahold and pull hard and wiggly it.And when you go back in oil it up get it at the right angle put all your weight on it and it will go...

another thing I did for added piece of mind is when you reinstall the tube I didnt feel it pop in a groove maybe cause pdi jacked the piss out of my old one, anyway I ran 2 safety wires around the tube and use the oil pan bolts one forward and one back and attached the wire to these bolts as a added hold down. No problems yet knock on wood.