oil issue

joez farmerboy

Why would the oil pressure gauge drop to 0 other than the obvious? Would the oil pressure sensor cause it or do I need a new oil pump? Got a code of P0524 and P2509 when I checked it! Please help thinking may just need to sell and get another one very soon? Just put 4k in it for transfer case and other things don't want to keep this money pit if that what's going to happen. If you think the oil sensor or a new pump will fix probably let me know and how hard is it to put new parts on? Will do this one myself. Please help!!!!

Put a gauge in one of the taps on top of oil filter housing and verify the pressure.

If there's pressure then? If not? It only falls to 0 when at idle and has been running awhile. Pressure gauge reads just over 40 when driving if this helps! Please more advice!!

mine will do the same thing a few minutes into idling. give it some accelerator and the oil pressure comes up and stays up.

my 05 would be all over the place with oil pressure from day one. I was told by some it was the instrument cluster itself and not so much the sender. My 06 has never had an issue pretty much stays around 40 at idle then goes up from there.

Finally got truck in shop tonight and found the oil problem! Injector!! At least one is bad, going g to take to someone to do this for me. He's going to remove injectors and have tested. I want to keep the truck for at least another year, so will be putting in new injectors set! Who are some well respected injector people and what kind would y'all put in? Mainly daily driver does its fair share of farm work and I'm running TSMP-8 in it with few other light mods. What would y'alls injection choice be?
:pop::pop: