Oil leak with marine valve cover

jedeka

I have had a marine valve cover sitting around to put on my 05. After doing a little research, I found that Hoesli Diesel sells an install kit form he breather part. Taking off the plastic cover, I noticed the stock valve cover was wet with oil. I figured I had some breather hoses leaking. After installing the marine valve cover and install kit, I installed the oil cap with breather that came in the install kit. After a 6 mile drive, I could smell oil and looked under the hood. I was getting oil out of the breather/ oil cap. I installed the stock oil filler cap and while not as bad, I still get oil leaking out of the oil filler cap threads. Oil runs along the edge of the valve cover and drips to the ground. The truck runs good and does not use any oil. I noticed the stock filler neck sticks up a good 3 to 4 inches above the valve cover. I think the oil is leaking out of the threads from rocker arms splashing oil. Should there be a rubber gasket of some sort on the filler cap?

My breather cap leaked like a sieve once the gauze got saturated......put factory cap back on and no more leaky. Do you have another cap to try?

I don't have another cap. I going to try an find another OEM cap. Thanks.

Back