oil leaking in the worst place!

dangerous06

diesel tech
Oil Port Leak between trans mount on back of motor. It's right above the cam little steel plug measures 11/16 but is to small and easy to move. I put in a
18mm Plug and it was a tight fit. But still don't like the plug. 3/8" NPT plug is to small so have to use a 1/2 NPT plug IF I WAS TO TAP IT! BUT there is a oil supply port just inside that goes to the cank for lube so I don't want to block that! Anybody have a solution? This is the worst place for a leak! The plug I got is to thick and will block the oil hole. Anybody have a source for a thin threaded plug?
20160516_172928.jpg

20160515_105132.jpg

20160515_102240.jpg

Last edited:
A 1/2 inch set screw that's been milled down will fit just fine. Or Install the stocker right

A 1/2 inch set screw that's been milled down will fit just fine. Or Install the stocker right

What is the stock size per Cummins? This leak was from factory they actually JB welded it in! Which didn't work! 11/16 comes in the kit
17.49mm I got a 18mm in therewith red locktite! and a layer of gray RTV for good measure if this doesn't work I'm getting the welder out!! :Cheer:

Looks a though the previous owner/shop attempted to stake the plug at one point. Maybe it's been replaced once or twice and incorrectly as mentioned.

Back