Oil Leaks, fuel pressure and transmission cooler options

90dodge

Always Broke
I'm almost to the point where my truck is going to get parked for the transmission rebuild and some things need to be addressed while its down.
I have looked over a lot of old threads and think I know what I want to do, but would like your opinion before I jump into a pass/fail idea and it not work.

My oil leaks have gotten worse, and I need to get them fixed. To be honest, I really don't know where their coming from. the plan right now is to replace the oil pan gasket, and put a breather filled with steel wool (to prevent oil blow out) on one of my valve covers.

My transmission. I plan to delete the heat exchanger, and put in another cooler along the frame with an auxillary fan, similar to this.

Aluminum External Transmission Fluid Oil Cooler with 10 Electric Fan Towing New | eBay

Will this be sufficient for hot lapping? I will most likely just use the stock pan.

My fuel system. Currently I have a 1/2'' pick up tube, to 1/2'' line all the way to my stock lift pump. I had a electric pump get burnt up, so I bought a prefilter and another pump to put back in. Will the rest be sufficient or should I go ahead and put in a different system past the stock lift pump?

I know I should have the fuel to run pretty good past 3k, but it still feels like its losing something. I have bumped the timing as well. My fuel pressure gauge messed up so I can't get a reliable reading.

I don't see you having enough fuel pressure to run past 2800rpm. I have a 160 pump and run 55psi to keep enough pressure to it at wot. And I still don't think it can keep up. How many miles on the truck? What dvs? What fueling mods besides dvs and bigger lines? How did an electric lift pump get burnt up? What do you plan on doing with the truck? You say you are going to do trans work but your SIG says its built?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Timing right now should be ~18.

The 180 and 215 pumps do not need as much pressure for high rpm compared to the 160 pumps because of cam profile. I guess I should have pointed out that I've got a 180 pump now.

I had an electric pump in the middle of the 1/2'' line but it clogged up the first couple days because of my error. Dirty fuel tank killed it. The new pump will be set to around 12 psi. I'm not exactly rebuilding it, just trying to modify some things right now to get it right.

I took the dv's out when I put 5x16's in since I don't need the extra fuel. Modified afc, racked barrels, made no difference between 0 plate or no plate last time I played with it.

You don't realize all the stuff you leave out until the questions start. :bang

The more you do the more you have to explain...
I guess we need to get back on point of what exactly your question is and what you're trying to do?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Just like i stated in the first message. I need it up to par with what ive got done now. Whats the use of a 4k gsk if i cant take advantage of it.

Back