oil pressure problems

smalltownshaker

ok so I have an 03 6.0 that has had head work, gaskets, studs and egr delete now its having oil problems. Its hard to start, it will start and die then start and die about 3 or 4 time before it stays running, then once the motor warms up when you come to a stop it dies and wont start back up until it cools down. Had it at a shop and they was checking it out and ended up blowing the center out of the oil filter cap. They said they have never seen one blow the cap apart so Im stuck. Any help to where to start? They said it was just sitting there idling when it blew

I had the same exact problem . It's a leak in you high pressure oil system it is usually a cracked line the 03-04 are very prone to this problem

It's a very good possibility some die hard powerstroke might know exactly which one. My truck started to stall out once warmed up and not start again to cooled off that's when I said forget this and put the cummins in it. When it happened I talked to a local diesel shop that specializes in fords and they showed me a cracked hpop line out of another truck in their shop and said we have been seeing this alot

Back