Ok, Injector Techno-wierdos,......

OT-OF-Here

Owner of the Black Beach
Ck this.

Start the truck up,.. everything is fine.

Run the truck for maybe 5 miles and I have an increasingly loud engine tap/knock at mostly very light throttle. If you apply the go-juice a bit then it goes away,... then you let off and just lightly lean on it and it's back and loud!

I had it ck'd out and they say it is #6 cyl injector. I've got tips and on very rare instances I will turn the Mp8 to maybe 1/3 of a turn. Would pressure cause this?

How about a cracked tip,... would that cause it? How about a bad solenoid?

The shop says they've seen this quite a bit and it always starts with #6 cylinder. What's that about? Never heard or read of it on any forum.

I have other injectors so that's not the problem but I'd like to know what causes this issue which they say is common.

I could use some input from a knowing fellow member. Pls advise ASAP as the truck is still in the shop and I need to do something quick.

Tks.

Ck this.

Start the truck up,.. everything is fine.

Run the truck for maybe 5 miles and I have an increasingly loud engine tap/knock at mostly very light throttle. If you apply the go-juice a bit then it goes away,... then you let off and just lightly lean on it and it's back and loud!

I had it ck'd out and they say it is #6 cyl injector. I've got tips and on very rare instances I will turn the Mp8 to maybe 1/3 of a turn. Would pressure cause this?

How about a cracked tip,... would that cause it? How about a bad solenoid?

The shop says they've seen this quite a bit and it always starts with #6 cylinder. What's that about? Never heard or read of it on any forum.

I have other injectors so that's not the problem but I'd like to know what causes this issue which they say is common.

I could use some input from a knowing fellow member. Pls advise ASAP as the truck is still in the shop and I need to do something quick.

Tks.

You may have the infamous rattle for which there's no cure ( that I've found in 4yrs ), could also be a valve seat that's loose or coming loose ???

If there's a code for a bad injector that's what it is. As far as cause to many variables! Your MP-8 at 1/3 is nothing I run half all the time. Never heard of the #6 Injector problem. How many miles on them? Best thing you can do is send them out to be tested! Put your new set in and don't forget the 2 micron filter pre cp-3 pump!!

Injector problem

If there's a code for a bad injector that's what it is. As far as cause to many variables! Your MP-8 at 1/3 is nothing I run half all the time. Never heard of the #6 Injector problem. How many miles on them? Best thing you can do is send them out to be tested! Put your new set in and don't forget the 2 micron filter pre cp-3 pump!!

I'm putting in another injector I have and EH is doing a new tip to match my set that's in there so both the tip and injector body will be new and that should solve the issue but then I plan to send the tip to EH to ck out as I want to know what went wrong and I'm sending the injector to Mumau to be ck'd out but I suspect that it is a bad solenoid issue. Really good help from good folks at Mumau and EH.

I have been running the 2 micron for 4 years now so that's not the issue. The tips/this set of injectors have been in for 2500 miles is all. I had them ck'd out before install so if this solenoid has gone bad then it has happened since the install.