ok were haveing some tranny problems!! HELP!!

250sprayboy06

i have an 06 dodge auto (stock)<--problem number 1 but, when i got to take off it sounds like a clutch in a standered slipling an it only slips when its shifing from 1st to 2nd gear.?? i thought it was the converter at first but as i thought bout the part where it only slips in between 1st an 2nd now i am a lil confused. anybody had the problem or know what it might be?

its the first auto i ever bought an the last!! thats for dam sure!!! im up for trading anybody that has a 6-speed!!

there is nothing wrong with auto trannys sounds like your clutch band is the problem

If you have some spare coin laying around give Jeff Garmon a call and get a real transmission, I can promise you'll want nothing to do with a 6 speed ever again. Mine was doing the same thing yours is right before I put in Garmons unit, I'll have to ask what they found when they tore my old unit apart it may shead some light on your problem.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about "The" Jeff Garmons transmissions. 770-227-8998

Have a great weekend.ROB

Sounds like you need to adjust the 2nd gear band. Do some research on this and you should find all the info. needed. Here is a quick run down....

1. Locate the adjustment bolt. It is on the drivers side of the tranny, sort of below the large electrical soleniod looking thing.
2. The nut on it is a 19mm. Loosen it.
3. The bolt is a torx 40??? I think, but can't remember exactly. Tighten it down to 72 inch pounds. Then back it off 2 full turns, aprox.
4. Do your best to hold the torx bolt still and tighten the 19mm up good.

If this doesn't fix the problem, you may have dropped or broken the strut.

Good luck,

J.D.

I have an o5 doing this but can it be doing this shifting from 2 to 3 ? 1-2 shift is good and 3-4/ od all shifts good. Just this one shift has become extremely lazy here lately to the point the motor revs durin this gear change.

Sounds like you need to adjust the 2nd gear band. Do some research on this and you should find all the info. needed. Here is a quick run down....

1. Locate the adjustment bolt. It is on the drivers side of the tranny, sort of below the large electrical soleniod looking thing.
2. The nut on it is a 19mm. Loosen it.
3. The bolt is a torx 40??? I think, but can't remember exactly. Tighten it down to 72 inch pounds. Then back it off 2 full turns, aprox.
4. Do your best to hold the torx bolt still and tighten the 19mm up good.

If this doesn't fix the problem, you may have dropped or broken the strut.

Good luck,

J.D.

All this on the outside of the case ?

If you drop or break the strut it won't shift into second at all. I agree, adjust the band. If that doesn't help, then there are other issues.

As for the lazy 2-3, you are either having the band release too soon, or you are having a delayed front clutch engagement. This can be from excessive clutch clearance due to wear, valve body issues, or pressure issues with the front clutch piston(seal leaking).

Well, the fluid smelled a little but didn't look as bad as it smelled-still ok. I'll try the band adj tomorrow and go from there.

I have same problem went to a friends shop in marble falls tx said it is a shift silenoid they have a billet one off Allison trans design for 200 plus install mike said this will fix it if no prob to clutches

Back