Ok, why is it THIS slow??

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
I ran my truck for the first time this weekend at the NHRDA race in Ennis TX. My mods are in my sig. I was running one of DJs older Looney Tunes. Here are the stats on both of my runs and a vid from the last one.

1st Run

R/T- .440
60'- 2.3
1/8- 9.7 at 71.71
1/4- 15.27 at 88.8

2nd Run

R/T- .283
60'- 2.1
1/8- 9.6 at 69.93
1/4- 15.313 at 87.42

There was a guy there running canned tunes that ran a FULL SECOND faster than me. Whats the deal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_MMCU3fcpE

Last edited:
big tires are not helping. But by the video, I see no smoke. Not even out of the hole. Fuel problem?

I read this on the org too. I cant tell if the video was you or the guy with the canned tune. Looks good off the bottom but it looks like it defuels up top bad. You should be low 14's with good tuning and the wheel/tire combo you have.

The vid is of me. I just had the motor studded less than a month ago and everything was checked over so I dont think its a fuel problem. Its prolly just tuning, but there are tons of guys running alot better than that on the same tune.

A leveling kit and 35s cant hurt me that much...

no i dont think so i stil think you should be in the 13s pretty easy. Have you tried a reflash? i dont know how long you leave it on the looney tune but just a thought. is a looney tune on sct? if it is run a canned tune and see what it does just to check it.

Well, the Looney has been on the for a WHILE now. Yes its on SCT. Its one of DJs custom tunes. Ill check the fuel filter also, Garrett. Im waiting on a tune from Cale at BTS to try out. Hopefully I can get a pass in with it and see what happens. I HOPE its just the tune. I have heard of people with this same problem (running alot slower than what they should) and finding out they have a bad HPOP and the injectors arent fueling as hard as they should.

yeah i was going to say HPOP, thats what it was with Mooring Products (Pete) truck...

That is EXACTLY who and what was running through my mind saturday...

I think I might pull the tune tomorrow and see how it acts.

Change the tune Colin, then see if you start getting more smoke. Be sure the tune you loaded in the SCT is the one you want. IE, not a tow/street tune, but the race tune. The 35's hurt more than you think.

that guy runn ing the canned tunes was me. my mods are in my sig too. and i know i can make high 13s i just didn't want to break out.

Its nice you guys thought of me.

Mine was the HPOP but it also had a low voltage on the ICP.

I ran a 14.04. with Doug's file on 35's with booster seats in.:hehe: Dj's old Looney file was a 4 tenths slower because it had no TC lock up until 4Th.

I don't see fuel filters slowing you down that much. I could see a tenth but not a second.

Start the hunt.

What the hell was in your bed slamming around?

Crazy question. I'm running an old DJ looney also. I've never run it in the quarter, but my SOTP meter tells me its not as fast as it should be. My SCT didn't come with canned tunes. Where do I get them from?

i ran a 14.5 on 37s with the looney tune at 4600 feet elevation. i had a clogged fuel filter few weeks ago and it hurt my top end bad

pete, that was his toolbox!

He's got enough naws to blow his toolbox up! LOL....minus the naws

pete, that was his toolbox!

He's got enough naws to blow his toolbox up! LOL....minus the naws

:hehe: how in the hell did the track officials not see that thing in there? They get mad when they see a little dirt in my bed, or was it mounted with Velcro? Safety first...

How did you launch @ 20 psi without massive wheel hop?
My truck jumped sideways with a 20 psi launch. I had to let out, get back on it, then let out again due to wheel hop, and still ran a 14.2 @ 97 with DJ's track file.
Before the lift and 5" rear block I could pull 20 psi launches and run 13.9's with Erics Xtreme street file with no problem but that bigger block with a high boost launch was a no no

i run a 14.4 with djs looney and a 13.77 with Erics xtreme race with two blown headgaskets cylinders 2 and 7

Back