Ok, why is it THIS slow??

How did you launch @ 20 psi without massive wheel hop?
My truck jumped sideways with a 20 psi launch. I had to let out, get back on it, then let out again due to wheel hop, and still ran a 14.2 @ 97 with DJ's track file.
Before the lift and 5" rear block I could pull 20 psi launches and run 13.9's with Erics Xtreme street file with no problem but that bigger block with a high boost launch was a no no

I dont know Pete. It felt really smooth!

I believe Colin hasn't touched the rear of his truck...still stock. I'm interested to see what mine will do with traction bars and a 5" block.

Colin was the tool box full?

Lets not forget that his truck has the heavy front end (05+) on it. Its still slow...:hehe:

LOL Pete. I have a 350 block in the rear so its stock. Yes it was full of crap and I didnt loose a thing! LOL

Pete, how many tenths did you loose when you lifted?

Mine will jump off the ground, and spin a front and back tire (awesome trac loc diff) with 20psi launching haha. Tho it looks like your truck was pushing through the brakes so bad you had a running start anyways... makes for a smoother transition :)

Yes, it was pushing through the brakes bad! I boosted too high, it started moving and I just let it go. How I didnt red light I have NO IDEA. Timing was right I guess!

You have to remember your 06 weighs more than his 03 stock per stock truck also.

Pete, how many tenths did you loose when you lifted?

No idea Colin. The truck had 3000 miles on it when I lifted it. I bought the truck in late 02 and no one had any tuners available for it, so it never saw the track.

Doug has some stock tires, I'm thinking about running those to see what it does.

I have the same chest tool box. I mounted mine with four 3/8 SS bolts.

Get them and lets go race:tree:

I have a little blue bottle I need to get filled. Also needed an oil change 3000miles ago.

Not this weekend but next...April 10th...Good Friday. Test and Tune Palm Beach. Don't give me no poverty chit cause I'm the queen.

I've launched BB at 20psi with no hop. But that's on fuel... I have yet to not break a trans launching on the N2O :hehe: But on the bottle it looks like it'll be 5psi or bust- full pun intended.
I'm running 35s with a leveling kit as well. I think the big meats help getting some of the power down personally.

Im gonna put the truck back on my stockers and 33s next time I hit the track and see what happens. I just got an Xtreme Race file from Eric too, so...

The race file will be night and day! Erics race file locks the converter up so early and so hard that the truck just flat moves! I thought DJ's Looney was great, but WOW! I think with that alone you will pick up quite a bit. And now that you don't have the tool box in the back...lol

dont feel bad, for some reason my truck will not trap over 94 mph eric says i should be somewhere between 96 and 98... I wish there was a cheap way to monitor my fuel pressure going down the track, without spending $200+ on a colbalt gauge like i have now.

Back