Oliver puller

khenrichs

Been wanting to build a puller for a while I have a 1600 but don't think it will take the fun of a 5.9 cummins i see guys using 1650s but is could just be the sheet metal? any input would be great

A 1600 will work just fine, same basic chassis as a 1650, 1655, or 2-70. A few minor differences, but nothing major.

Welcome to COMPD.

Thanks for the welcome, I realy like the forum

Well thats good to know, now I need a 5.9. I have a 505 (8.3) I got to build a 160 puller out if a 2-85 or 105 but don't have a tractor yet and the way the rules read i might not have a class for the 160 but the 1600 i have and looks like a fun ride form your vidoes

bell housing

I've been looking at all the oliver to 5.9 conversion stuff and it looks like i need a 5.9 with an sae 1 or 2 bellhousing? Then it will bolt to the oliver plate between the two speed and the sae bellhousing. But i need a 17 or 1850 two speed input shaft the get a good double cluch, sound right? sorry about all the questions just seeing what my options are, a 505 in and 1600 would be a tight fit, now i need to look for a old power unit cummins that would probley have the right bellhousing and starter location something like a water pump or air compressor, that is how i got the 505 out of a atles air compressor that burnt, what about the 3.9 bellhousings, when I'm not farming i work at a rental yard and some of our lifts have a 3.9 and I can probley get a bellhousing from one of those the starter is even on the right side

We have a 1650 and I love it. I would really like to see how your 1600 turns out.

Hey khenrichs You keep hitting the Report button
report.gif
Vs the Post button.

Please Stop.

Back