? on turbo for the 6.0

Sandman9

my dad has a 06 6.0 and we are trying so very had to keep this thing cool. the egts are just way too high. he bought it used (if 20,000 miles is used) and are not sure what is done to it. i have a strong feeling its stacked programer and chip with some injectors because even with the edge off it still dumps smoke and has quite a bit of power. anyways we just put in a banks intercooler system and some water meth and it only dropped the egts about 150* so now we are thinking turbo. that stock one will only put out about 28 even with the edge on 35psi. but at WOT its really really smoky still. so i was just wondering what turbo you would recomend. he wants a turbonetics one.
thanks for all your help and sorry its so long.
-Cory

You need to find out what's done to it before you start adding more stuff.
It can't have a programmer and a chip...not possible on a 6.0. There are no "chips" for them. There are plug in boxes and downloaders.

Back up...find out why it's doing what it's doing now...THEN move forward.
Anything else will likelylead to damage.

How hot is it running now without water spraying ?

Where you located? There are a few here that can help if we spend a few minutes looking at it

well before the water on with the edge on 3 it would hit 1500 quick! so we would just back off. but he tows a 12k+ boat and it overheats and we have blown head gaskets so we did arp head studs i just dont know what else to do but turbo?

Give the guys at Wide Open Performance a call and see if they can give it a once over.

I'm thinking someone performance oriented could probably at least scan it and give you some feedback on how everything looks.

Back