One sick child...

TacticalRedneck

ooga ooga
Ok, hey everyone, my 1st post here.
I am 16, in KY, and i've got a problem with my new to me cummins.

Its a 95 2wd 12 valve 5 speed cummins, 4" straight pipe only mods. Newer head gasket, tires, clutch, and batteries.
Said it needed some o-rings replaced where fuel is seeping from the injector lines, seems to be around the head.. So i drove in a wet grassy feild last night, or 2 nights ago, started blowing whitish blueish smoke around 2000 rpms, they think it was cold start smoke, so today i go riding around, no smoke, let it idle for 10 minutes and it idled with little.. if any visible smoke.

So its leaking like crazy now, someone told me if there not sealed up, the injectors will allow oil to bypass and get into the cylinder and burn. I stopped to get fuel, checked the oil, and the level was under the halfway mark of unsafe... Bought some oil, drove home in a hurry, and there is oil everywhere on my motor (guess its been there a while, but i left a puddle at the gas station), it seems to be on the right side mainly, if looking at it from outside...

So boys, i would like this to get fixed, i hope i didn't get burnt on this deal... I just bought a 400ex (race) quad... 1st day i had it it droped a valve and i was out a valve, piston, and tensioner.... don't want to blow this one up... So, any help appreciated, looking for mechanice around hardin co. kentucky if anyone knows of anyone, thanks.
:dead-horse-fast2:

If its loosing oil on the driver side look at the tappet cover, vacuum pump, and make sure the timing pin isnt missing. Look close and you will see where it is leaking. If it sat for awhile it may have dried out gaskets and seals. Most of them dont cost alot to replace and loosing a bit of oil wont ruin the engine so long as you keep it in the safe zone on the dipstick.

Welcome to CompD!

Thanks, i'll try to check on all that today, i'm a little new to diesels, but it seems to be all coming from those injectors... i don't know..

Ok you said right side if looking at it from the front. Injectors are on the passenger side of the engine.

pic where its a leaking

Attachments

• IMG_20120505_152228.jpg
    IMG_20120505_152228.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20120505_152239.jpg
    IMG_20120505_152239.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
that seems to be where everything is leaking, are there seals or something i can replace, or all of them?

A guy is going to come over and look at it tonight i think. Im just lost, ready to buy the parts and get working on it.

One more, this look like a :$: job?

Delivery valve holders leak where they screw into the pump. That requires an o-ring replacement(10 dollars in parts and 1/2 hour) If the lines are leaking where they connect to the delivery valve holder, you can probably fix by taking them off, cleaning, and re installing(Maybe an hour).

did you look for the source of the oil leak? take a picture of where you see it leaking and maybe we can help you.

Delivery valve holders look like this. Note the o-ring. If the o-ring is bad, it will leak around the dv holder where it screws into the pump. If the lines are leaking where they attach to the dv holder remember the first rule of plumbing(stuff runs down hill) and figure out exactly where your leak is. Spray it down with brake cleaner to dry it off and watch where it leaks. Neither will cause oil to leak. Good luck.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
attachment.php

attachment.php

i don't know if its just leaking fuel,and burning oil or leaking fuel and oil, but i know its leaking fuel.. My oil is just dissapering

But thats the only leak i can find, i am going to hose it down probably monday and see if i see anything else.

Not going to start it until i get out the mixxed synthetic/non-synthetic oil out of there though.

Back