One sick child...

This guy might get the Newbie of the Year award! He admits he isn't familiar with the truck but post good info and Pictures(Awesome) to try to get the truck fixed!

Where are you from?

Hardin co. Ky. Yeah i know im sounding like a fool, dont worry, im not always like that. Im just out to learn a few things.

This guy might get the Newbie of the Year award! He admits he isn't familiar with the truck but post good info and Pictures(Awesome) to try to get the truck fixed!

Where are you from?

He has my vote:Cheer:

Delivery valves don't leak oil, just fuel. Look lower, below the front of the pump at the cover. Cross your fingers. Good luck.

take that thing and power wash the crap out of the engine...get on a creeper and get underneathe of it to with washer...let it idle for an hour or so that way you can find the oil leak...dont drive far after you wash it or all the oil will run and you wont be able to pin point it

Havn't changed the oil, havnt even bought it, would it be fine to let it idle with the mixxed sysnthetic and non synthetic?

I wouldnt worry about the mixed oil much. Get under there with a good light and verify were its comin from. There is a cover on the side of the block that can leak alot of oil as well

wonder if he just has the traditional 12 valve engine leak from the gasket on the tappet cover or whatever its called behind the injection pump??? thats the only place i can think of an oil leak on the driver side on the "slant".

Last edited:
when i say slant i was meaning where the delivery valves are mounted, maybe its just fuel leaking from those, well, i know fuel is leaking from them, the oil somewhere underneath, still havn't got a chance to hose it off and see though, bought some degreaser yesterday.

use the de greaser on a warm engine, hose off lighlty... easy with a pressure washer, if its leaking oil out, you can blow water in..... most of the time, one can of degreaser isn't going to cut it , better get a few. Let it dry, move it to a location and put some cardboard under it, let it idle till you see the first few drops fall on the cardboard, shut it off and crawl under, inspect.
Take it for a short drive to warm up to full temp, get it back and put another piece of cardboard under it and look for the big leaks, only tough thing is going to be figuring out where it came from if the fan has blown it around.

"Spray it down with brake cleaner to dry it off and watch where it leaks." X2 Buy a couple cans, warm the truck up about halfway (or as hot as you can stand touching the engine), then spray down ALL the oily areas top side and bottom side. You may need to wipe with a rag too in some spots to get it mostly clean. Quick PSA wear safety glasses so the brake cleaner does not splash in your eyes... It doesn't exactly tickle! Once you have the engine clean move the truck to a clean spot on the driveway and fire her up and see where she leaks. If she doesn't, raise the rpms to get higher oil pressure for 20 seconds or so. That should be enough to get it to start running out if its a bad leak.

Geez! I go to get a cup of coffee while writing a post and you make it look like I didn't bother reading the other replies! Thanks Mikmaze lol

This is how all newbs should act! :welcome:

Your getting really good advice. Take it and take your time. They will help you along the way.

thanks fellas, i am taking my time believe me. Bought the degreaser i think theres some break cleaner in the garage, getting ready to go spray her down.

degreaser i bought said to leave the engine cold, ill try the manufactures directions, then start it and watch, will have pics throughout this whole fix.

Where are you from?

This is a one helluva compliment. OP, you should be proud. Good luck tracking this leak down and getting it fixed. :Cheer:

Put 2 cans of degreaser on her, let set for 15 minutes, hosed it off, got a lot of gunk off, and i noticed a few things. 1) There is a random bolt hanging in mid air, 2) there looks to be a rig holding my engine togather... idk... a bolt and a washer that look out of place. 3) there looks to be a bolt missing on the mount i guess of my delivery valves. 4)I didn't find a lot of oil anywhere, just from what i hosed off.. I will go on a drive maybe tomorrow and check it out again. And on top of my delivery valves leaking fuel, this oil disaperance, i think my water pump is going out from the constant "squeak squeak" thats given me a headache. Wonder what i'll find next, sawdust?

gauges at idle ↓
attachment.php

1)
attachment.php

2)
attachment.php

3)
attachment.php

4) I feel like this...
ugly_redneck.jpg

OHH i feel out of it today... maybe i just need to watch an andy griffith and have a coke... :pop:

SOooo... this threads not finished yet///
:frown:

thanks for the help so far comp d! :thankyou2:

Attachments

• IMG_20120507_181732.jpg
    IMG_20120507_181732.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20120507_182042.jpg
    IMG_20120507_182042.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20120507_182353.jpg
    IMG_20120507_182353.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20120507_183524.jpg
    IMG_20120507_183524.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
Did you check that the 2 vacuum pump nuts are tight? They should be 17mm. Did you check the front case for cracks? Make sure that all the bolts on the tin cover are tight. I'm sure I'll think of more. It looks like that piece missing on the pump is the rack plug. I'm sure I'll think of more.....

Back