only getting 36 psi Boost????????

OkeeGoat06

Drugs Are Bad!! #2 Only
Hey guys got a question about turbo's. Bought a htt Super 62. Daily driver but i see all these trucks boosting 45-48. Is it as easy as adjusting the waste gate or not. Never put a wrench on the turbo to adjust anything. Straight out of the box on the truck. :what:

My HT did the same thing. It is as SIMPLE as adjusting the WG shaft. But with the 3rd gen, getting to the WG shaft to adjust it is nearly impossible. (at least with my SS housing)

I put a boost elbow on and went from 33lbs to 47 lbs. Thats the way I'd do it. Sure beats taking the thing off again and guessing on the linkage adjustment.

Picture is worth a thousand words...

orf.gif

Goes on the compressor side of the turbo and replaces your existing brass elbow on the hose leading to the WG actuator. It adds restriction and limits what the actuator sees for pressure allowing the WG to stay closed longer.

do what the wise amish man tells you and install this little elbow...your knuckles will thank you! im so glad i checked mine with regulated shop air before i installed it because it was set low. now she spikes to about 47 and settles around 42-45 now.

If I was smart, I would have checked it on shop air too. I was just too giddy to get that shiny bastard in there and make some boost! Sadly, I was initially disappointed. The boost elbow brought the smile I was hoping for! My pyro is now bored.

We adjusted it yesterday about 4 turners in and only got 40 out of it so my question is were is the limit on how much boost can be made before the drive presser is to much