opinion on a Super HX40 and this setup

Blackbumper

Could be worse!
I am in the process of building a 94 175 pump truck for pulling and have a chance to get a Super HX40 for around $500 with about 10 pulls on it and no shaft play. How would this work with
Injectors 6 x .018
Cut DV's and holders
.084 lines
Mack plug
modded plate
4k or 5k GSK Need to find out if I can get the 5k loosen it up a bit so it's not a full 5K.
Studded head
HTT manifold
HiRise intake
HD Springs with TI keepers
Water injection

What are you thoughts?

sound like it is going to be to small for what you want. i would suggest the biggest turbo you can fit in your class with, a 2.8 or 3.0 inducer and use a restricter if you have to.

It's close to Tj's set up. The turbo is actually Smokin 7's turbo he is upgrading to a larger one. I just got the truck tonight and have been crawling around to see what kind of work will be in store. There is no tag on the pump and it looks like it has been gone through by the paint marks on the nuts. I will have to get the pump off to see whats been done but I was surprised that someone would remove the tag. You mentioned that you would do it differently what would be your approach on this? Always looking for some different opinions.

Last edited:
Thinking about a SP66 I will just have to see what the budget looks like at the end.

Well regarding the rules part there really isn't anything in them about size. Two of the guys maybe 3 will be running twins this year if that tells you anything. About the only rule right now is no drop boxs or meth in water. I'm not saying I agree with the rules but thats the way they are set for now but there is a meeting this sunday to discuss them. I am pretty new with the diesel side of this with previous experience being stacked chips on the newer side and a little tractor pull pump tweaking. I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible before I dive in and start buying parts that is why I have been stalking the forums trying to out what other people have done more so for sake of knowing what not to do. These sites have a wealth of knowledge on them and it's good to get some different perspectives on things vs the handful of people that I talk to face to face. With that said what do you guys think might work well with the above mentioned parts?
Thanks

it's late and I don't have my notes with me and we talked about a ton of different things but if I remember correctly .084. I will have to check tomorrow.

Smokem said:
Pro Street 66 charger probably for that hp level. What size are you going to have the holders blown out to?

.093 instead of .084

What will be the biggest advantage of going with the Prostreet vs the Sledpuller and how well would the prostreet spool up. With the items I've talked about doing to the motor what is a guess on the HP with one of those chargers.
Thanks

Smokem said:
Pro Street 66 charger probably for that hp level. What size are you going to have the holders blown out to?

.093 instead of .084

What will be the biggest advantage of going with the Prostreet vs the Sledpuller and how well would the prostreet spool up. With the items I've talked about doing to the motor what is a guess on the HP with one of those chargers.
Thanks

.093 Lines and .093 Holders. I am planning on useing the SB DD 3850 with feramic buttons. I'm not sure what RPM I will need to come out of the hole to get that prostreet to light so I will have to do some checking. Thanks

Smokem said:
Don't waste your money buying an S300 with the 66mm compressor wheel unless you get a larger turbine than the Phat Shaft 66 or Sled Puller 66.

Check out the S300 Borg Warner on ebay.

Bryan has a Pro Street 66 for sale. I would ask him about that. I think it was under $1200.
Did you get your tranny figured out, or did you end up exchanging?
Good luck with the build. It will be good to see another truck out there this year.