Opinions on nitrous with a single 64 gated?

FIRST GEN. JAKE

My truck has a htt 64mm with a wastegate. How would it handle nitrous say a small or average size shot? Maybe adjust boost back a little lower and make up the difference in spray? 06 cr efi live tuned 600 hp truck give or take. Truck also still has stock head bolts. Sees about 50 psi wot

Bang!!! LOL. I'd think that 50 psi + NOS on stock headbolts would be guaranteed headgasket failure... For sure, turn the timing back.....

What do you have for fuel on tap? Nitrous is basically boost in a bottle, without fuel it is useless

i have plenty of fuel. ii duel cp3. ii injector tips not sure on the exact size. and i wouldnt run that much boost with the nitrous id cut the boost back to say 35-40 maybe and make up the difference with nitrous. its just a thought.

depending on how much nitrous you wanna use your tuning may need to have the timing retarded a bit

Catastrophic head gasket failure. Without a doubt, is there any particular reason you haven't studded it yet? Few hundred bucks and a couple hours will save you a lot of headache later when you put it on the bottle. By all means add the nitrous, but you should probably at least get a 450 dollar set of arp's first man.

Headstuds are in the future. Truck was like it is when I bought it. All I've added performance wise since I bought it was efi. If I personally built it headstuds woulda done been done. But way I see it holding fine now why mess with what works. Nitrous is just a idea atthe moment. Also got ideas for a compound setup. I know hg would be a weak link I'm kinda more interested in how the turbo would hold up to it.

Back