Opinions on turbo's or turbo

smokeydezel

My trucks a 99 p-pump auto trans, was wondering how ur twin or single turbo set up was working for you as in spool up and daily driving?

cant get them to spool off the line then they will finally light around 35-40mph. Mach 6 injectors, pump is built for 600cc but set at 400-450cc, 4k springs.

93 convertor. Ive been told its to tight then been told it shouldnt matter. That was gonna be my next question if it was to tight now since the pump swap?

Last edited:
Sounds like too tight of a converter. not sure the stall speed of yours, but i would exspect you would need a 2200 stall.
It sounds like you cant get enough rpm up to get them lit, then finally when you get some load on the engine (around 40mph). you might try a diffrent converter OR, something easyer try playing around with the afc spring adjustment or diffrent springs.

That sounds like what my problem is. The twins i have work i was just wondering if there is a better set up or a better single then what i have.
hx40 and ht4b its a old set up from along time ago but pretty much brand new.

cant get them to spool off the line then they will finally light around 35-40mph. Mach 6 injectors, pump is built for 600cc but set at 400-450cc, 4k springs.

At that speed your in 2nd gear right? Sounds like to low of a stall and maybe it's shifting to early as well.

Back