Optima Batterys

kabbcummins

Hey guys i have been spit balling the idea of going to an optima batery becasue i have been throwing alot of low voltage codes...i am going to take a look at all my ground and see if that may be the issue but besides that i only have one battery since the cold air intake has been put it. Is the yellow top ooptima battery worth the 270.00 people are asking for them or is the heavy duty walmart brand just as good?

i have ran the optima red tops and the walmarts with good luck

My two Blue Top Marine batteries in my truck have done very well...Even after 2 or 3 times of the truck being down for months at a time... No charging need. Just fires right up...

I only chose blue for the color scheme under the hood... Looks "Choice"! :)

I have red tops now in all but 1 truck and have had no issues.

Which walmart batteries? The yellow ones only last 1 year in my experience. But the nice thing is you can take them back under the warranty. That seems to be the common theme on those batteries around here.

You sacrificed a battery for an intake?

I have ever starts from walli martinez in mine that came with the truck when I bought it almost a year ago. Spins over like a top in these cold southern Texas winters. I do prefer optimas though..

Is anyone having a problem with getting the clamps to securely clamp to the posts on optimas?

I have Optima Red Tops in both my trucks and they have performance flawlessly. They hold a charge sitting in well below freezing temps for a LONG time.

Odyssey, hands down a better option

Optimas used to have superior quality, buy I think they are not what they used to be

You can buy re-badged Odyssey batteries at Sears under the Die Hard Platinum name also......cheaper than an actual Odyssey battery

ODYSSEY Batteries - Official Manufacturer's Site

Love my Optima red tops they have been spot on in both street trucks and the race truck has a single mounted in the back with no issues.

I used Optima red tops in my '06, and they were dead within a year. I think the grid heater pull, large stereo amps, big electric air compressor, extra lighting, etc put too much of a "deep cycle" load on them...not to mention the constant small drain of the instrument cluster.

I replaced them with tow Yellow Tops...and so far so good.

--Eric

i like my yellow tops no issues for over a year, i have a small system, cb, snow plow, and a light bar

Yellow Tops all the way! 3 years and running strong! Def helped with the load from my amp for sure, great cranking power!

Back