Oring Heads

RayMac Racing engines in Fort Worth Texas 817 568 8822
Ray little is doing quite a few diesel heads from mild to full tilt. This NASCAR shop has dedicated a whole new section to diesel motor sports doing the most advanced airflow work this side of California.

In choosing a shop to do o-ringed make sure that, they are not using the BHJ gas tool to cut the groves, it needs to be done on a mill or CNC. The reason is that the BHJ tool is designed to do o-rings for gas heads with a receiver grove in the opposing side, using a dead soft copper head gasket, making o-ring protrusion inconsistent of .005 to .010 inconsequential. I have seen protrusions variances of .005 to .017 on the same head. This is one of the primary reason for all the trick of the week methods of torquing and re torquing heads, this is an attempt to push the .041 stainless steel wire in to the gasket fire ring, Ray uses a protrusion of .008 to .010 on a street head, and .010 to .012 on a race head and I have never re torqued any head on any truck I have ever run , and never lost a head gasket!

In Odessa Texas there is a shop that builds and races Comp and Pro Stock truck engines, Lester and Chris Magaha , these people have the right equipment and some great people that I raced comp with . Give them a call The business is named Harlow Simons, its primary a large oil field machine shop, But the owners are racers and engine builders , 432 368 4455

Last edited:
Hey Greg...... is there any way possible to make your sig any more large?