Overdrive spring compressor

garretthart13

I want to build my 47re, anyone know were I can get the overdrive spring compressor or any other tools I would need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

i cut a peice of 4 9/16ths drill stem and cut a window in it to remove the clip. i just put it in a hydraluic press. and get some decent snap ring pliers.

Cut a piece of 4'' pipe long enough so you can use the intermidiate shaft to align the splines. Cap the top of the pipe and cut a window on the side like gunracer1 said. Its a 900lb spring so be very carefull and wear eye protection.

thanks for the replies, ive never built an automatic before, i just kinda figure to take it apart laid out in order and then reverse it with new parts

its not so bad, gather good reading material and maybe pull a junker out of the scrap yard to practice on. FSM is a great reference.

thanks for the replies, ive never built an automatic before, i just kinda figure to take it apart laid out in order and then reverse it with new parts

I have just recently broke down my 47rh as my first transmission rebuild. So far, it has been less complicated as I had originally thought. Once it is broke down, it is easy to tell each parts purpose and how is applied.

I have had zero issues from a goerend convertor, and I have been thrashing on it for years.

Diesel Performance Convertors, they're a site sponsor on here. I've got one of Phil's reman convertors in my 47RH with no issues.

Yes, I did. It was $350 shipped but you have to send your core back. Not a big deal because Phil includes a shipping label.

Just don't be like me and send the core back 3 months later... :doh: Sorry Phil!

Last edited:
Phil and Jeff are class acts wont find better people to deal with or products imo.

Back