overflow valve

jphoutdoor

Any pictures / links to what the internals of the overflow valve looks like...
Pulled my 94 apart... broken spring.. replaced with a similar spring.. FP back to 25 psi... Friend bought a new style for a 96 and internals are different... Just looking to imprint the brain with more knowledge... Thanks. jph

i'd like an answer to this to. i'm having an air in fuel problem and don't really know what it should look like even if i did take it apart.

i'd like an answer to this to. i'm having an air in fuel problem and don't really know what it should look like even if i did take it apart.

You can take the OF valve out and if you can blow through it its a dead give away its bad. I would check the rubber return line at the injection pump for cracks as well.

^so that mod is for the overflow valve? (think I missed that all this time)

I just put a hose clamp around my return line and kept tightning it up until the desired base pressure was reached. It might not be the correct way to do it but its a band-aid for me.

he just try didnt combos

haha

yeah, I had read about it, but passed it off as a mod for the lift pump (dont ask me why)

so in actuality, I can remove the OFV to use a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator?

i have seen alot of overflow valves that have been different.

The basis are all the same..... you take out the 9/16 bolt out of the top whole holding it in a vise or a 3/4 wrench.
After you take the bolt out.... turn it upside down and there will be a small spring come out followed by a very small check ball.
The difference that i have seen is that some of them come with shimms above the spring (when looking at it with the banjo part towards the bottom.)

If it has shims.. keep them in... if not dont worry about it. either way... take the spring and stretch it out. I have seen gains from 25-35 psi fp gains.

Lance