Oversized fuel lines?

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
I think I have asked this before but here goes nothing...

For drag racing applications only (no street use) are oversized fuel lines a must? .93 or the .120's? How important is oversized lines? are they overkill on a 12V ? I know for sled pulling you need the oversized lines.:thankyou2:

Yes sir. How do oversized lines affect a converter? just curious

It's all a part of your 'tune'. Keep that P-pump supplied with a healthy lift pump and the stockers should be fine.... Unless your plans include a few fat shots of nitrous..... But again it's all a part of your 'tune'......

Big fuel lines are the answer to a question that shouldn’t be asked. They slow the inertia of fuel in the lines I would never use a line bigger the .090 there might be an application, or perceived application for these lines else where, but not drag racing, and definitely not on the street. I made 1126 hp with Buddha Power stock lines size lines.

On another note, after looking at absolute evidence, of Dyno numbers on a DynoJect inertia Dyno VS. an engine Dyno, the same engine shows some interesting results . The always assumed, but never documented big percentage of loss thru the drive line is not evident. I believe that an inertia Dyno is a good tool to tune with , but not always numbers that correlate to what is at the flywheel
I wished people would not always gets so combative when I give some of this information , and if they do , Ill stop, it takes time to put this online but I have been there , and the data I put here for all to see ,should be valuable to the people that never publicly post , but PM

COMP461 said:
On another note, after looking at absolute evidence, of Dyno numbers on a DynoJect inertia Dyno VS. an engine Dyno, the same engine shows some interesting results . The always assumed, but never documented big percentage of loss thru the drive line is not evident. I believe that an inertia Dyno is a good tool to tune with , but not always numbers that correlate to what is at the flywheel
I wished people would not always gets so combative when I give some of this information , and if they do , Ill stop, it takes time to put this online but I have been there , and the data I put here for all to see ,should be valuable to the people that never publicly post , but PM

What chew talking bout willis? :doh:

You want me to split this thread Greg? I can make a seperate dyno thread if you like...

RacinDuallie said:
It's all a part of your 'tune'. Keep that P-pump supplied with a healthy lift pump and the stockers should be fine.... Unless your plans include a few fat shots of nitrous..... But again it's all a part of your 'tune'......
What does nitrous have to do with line size?:confused:

CC12V said:
What does nitrous have to do with line size?:confused:
Just a preference of mine when injecting 'multiple' FAT shots of the giggles, to go one size up from the stockers, combined with a extremely worked over P-pump. . . But for small shots the stockers are just fine....... again just a personal preference of mine....:evil