p 2149

f pintar

morning all. my 06 started running rough as heck and shuddering this morning. i pulled the codes and got p 2149. after searching with no luck i am now asking for help. this is my first cr so any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

well after spending all day sitting in the sun the truck started and ran fine for 3 miles before it did the same thing as it did this morning. hope to get a response soon.

Couldnt get the codes for an 06. Sure someone will spit on me and let me know if it's wrong..

Number of Trips to Set Code: 1

OBD II Monitor Type: CCM Details
Indicators: MIL Details

■CCM Details
Trouble Code Conditions:

When Monitored: While the engine is running.

Set Condition: A misfire detected at cylinders 4, 5, or 6 or any combination of cylinders 4, 5, or 6.

Possible Causes:

■DAMAGED OR LOOSE CONNECTIONS

■INJECTOR SHORTED - SINGLE OR MULTIPLE INJECTORS

■OPEN CIRCUIT ON MULTIPLE INJECTORS

■OPEN HIGH SIDE OR LOW SIDE DRIVER WIRES IN THE INJECTOR HARNESS FOR MULTIPLE

■CYLINDERS

■OPEN HIGH SIDE OR LOW SIDE DRIVER WIRES IN THE ENGINE HARNESS FOR MULTIPLE

■CYLINDERS

■INJECTOR HARNESS LOW SIDE DRIVER SHORTED LOW

■INJECTOR HARNESS HIGH SIDE DRIVER SHORTED LOW

■ENGINE HARNESS HIGH SIDE DRIVER SHORTED HIGH OR LOW

■ENGINE HARNESS LOW SIDE DRIVER SHORTED HIGH OR LOW

■LOW SIDE DRIVER SHORTED TO A HIGH SIDE DRIVER ON THE SAME BANK IN THE ENGINE

■OR INJECTOR HARNESS

■TWO OR MORE LOW SIDE DRIVERS SHORTED TOGETHER IN THE INJECTOR HARNESS OR

■THE ENGINE HARNESS

■FAILED ECM

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 - All Configurations - P2149

P2149 Bank 2 (Cylinders 4-6) Shorted High Or Low

You might want to check the wiring harness connector to the rear injector bank. Check the wiring harness for any damage. Clean and check the connectors and see if that helps.

hey guys just a quick update. i still have both the 2149 and 0304 code showing but the truck seems to be running quite a bit better. it still has what i call a miss in it but its better than it was. my question is, do you think it is the number 4 injector going out and causing the short that is killing 4,5,and 6. or should i start with the valve cover gasket. money is tight and i dont want to throw parts at it like the dealership would. thanks in advance for any answers.

Back