p-pump 24v questions

chuggins10

i have a 95 2500. can i just basically put a 24v head an lines on it i havent seen anybody with a 12v throw a 24v head on it...if i can do this please let me know what all i need

It is not quite that easy, you will need to change the pistons and the head. When you change the pistons you should re-balance the rotating assembly. Don't forget you will need different injector lines and the injectors will need the correct pop pressure.

Yes you can do it. I know a few guys that have done this mainly cause they wanted the flw of the 24 valve head. The bowls are different so what you would need to do is either take the pistons to a machine shop and have the bowl opened up as far as it can go by removing the lip to make the bowl more open for the 24v injectors. Or if you are not afraid to do it your self, get your self a alluminum bur bit and a porting kit, tape off the deck of the block and cut out the piston you are working on and open it up your self. My brother did this on his 12v for running higher timing and to drop the compression down but it would be done the same. Now im not saying this is the best way to do it, but since money dont grow on trees for all of us, this is an option that would make things work.

on edit for what you would need

24v complete head, injectors, lines, delivery tubes, head studs, exhaust manifold, a banjo bolt since the fuel returns out the back of the head, and im sure im missing a couple of things but all in all it wouldnt be that bad.

Last edited:
Yes you can do it. I know a few guys that have done this mainly cause they wanted the flw of the 24 valve head. The bowls are different so what you would need to do is either take the pistons to a machine shop and have the bowl opened up as far as it can go by removing the lip to make the bowl more open for the 24v injectors. Or if you are not afraid to do it your self, get your self a alluminum bur bit and a porting kit, tape off the deck of the block and cut out the piston you are working on and open it up your self. My brother did this on his 12v for running higher timing and to drop the compression down but it would be done the same. Now im not saying this is the best way to do it, but since money dont grow on trees for all of us, this is an option that would make things work.

on edit for what you would need

24v complete head, injectors, lines, delivery tubes, head studs, exhaust manifold, a banjo bolt since the fuel returns out the back of the head, and im sure im missing a couple of things but all in all it wouldnt be that bad.

Normally I agree with you but, no. The engine would run but the thing would never run correctly. The offset of the 12v piston bowl is too far off.

A 12v head can be ran with 24v pistons but, not the other way.

Normally I agree with you but, no. The engine would run but the thing would never run correctly. The offset of the 12v piston bowl is too far off.

A 12v head can be ran with 24v pistons but, not the other way.

Im not saying i would do it but i have seen it done and on the pullin track it ran okay.LOL I imagine their is alot of hillbilly **** going on that we dont even know about.:bang I cut my own pistons on a bridgeport and they look okay, but they are not perfect like having the nice rounded corners instead of points but i figure it will get me by until i can afford some aries pistons for next year.

Tim

Dude, I seen some guys running a turbo without oil.

They had a grease fitting in it.

would the gains from doing the 24v head still be more than porting an polishing an do a zz fab intake on my 12v head