P-Pump 24v Trans Shifting Issue

Lanky

Recently finished up my conversion on my dually. I currently am running 22.5" alcoa wheels with 37" tall tires. With my edge juice w/ attitude I was able to change my rolling diameter to correct the speedometer/shift points.

Currently, I am running a 12v TPS and TV cable. Suncoast Tripple disk converter, Gorend valve body. I cannot get my shift points correct. I am assuming that it is due to the computer not seeing a correct speed reading??? My 1st, 2nd shift is almost instant ~1400rpm. sometimes the converter locks/unlocks randomly... Any idea's???

I have searched and figured out that a POT will not work on my application.

Have you made sure your TV cable is setup properly? Sounds like it's to loose. If mine is loose it shifts early on the 1-2 shift. To tight and it shifts late on the 1-2 shift.

Do you still have the edge? I'd say put it back on and run it and see if it works again. I had my Smarty on my truck for months after my conversion just for the speedo correction.

If your problem is tire diameter, a snap on scan tool can correct for tire size.

I just rechecked the TV cable this morning and it seems to be in adjustment... I did tighten it up a touch, I'll see if that helps on my way to lunch today.

I sold the edge before I completed my conversion...

I'll get a scanner on it tonight to see if I can find out where the adjustment is made...

Thanks for the help guys!

if u need any help whatsoever on the trans shifting to soon or too late or anything like that...chase fleece fixed mine with a couple of hardware store springs..a soft and medium spring attached to the front of the tv cable bracket underneath the truck...and he flipped the stainless spring around. now it shifts like a beaut! seriously any questions call him and ask him what he did to josh's p pumped truck...

Have you checked tps voltage? Mine was shifting early to. I ended up doing a p.o.t. and it works great now.

I have checked and rechecked the TV cable, At full throttle, it is pinned... 1-2nd shift is still at 14-1500. Now my 2nd to 3rd shift under light load will free rev a few RPM before engaging 3rd. Under moderate to heavy load, perfect... I have switched back to factory wheels and tires and still the same result... I have not taken any voltage readings at the TPS. I think I am going to try a POT.