P-PUMP installed!

snoxracer

:rockwoot:

Man what a blast, who would of thought that a 8000 lbs dually 4WD would break the wheels loose at 45-50mph, and that is with a mild build. We just finished up the swap on my old truck that I sold to a buddy of mine. It is a 2000 QCLB DRW that we pretty much built up for pulling in the 2.6 class.

The swap was pretty easy for the most part, the most intense part of the whole project was installing the lifters, but with a little time we had them in and ready to go.

Most of the parts came from Scheid Diesel, including the pump, and a lot of the parts we custom made.

Here are a few picks of the build up.

100_0882.jpg

100_0883.jpg

100_0891.jpg

100_0915.jpg

100_0933.jpg

nice looking trucks and swap!!! Anymore details on the set up? Pump, injectors, turbo, timing..? Im getting closer and closer everyday to wanting to p pump my truck just wanna get an idea of what i should do.

nice looking trucks and swap!!! Anymore details on the set up? Pump, injectors, turbo, timing..? Im getting closer and closer everyday to wanting to p pump my truck just wanna get an idea of what i should do.

Yeah, I'm interested in the setup too. Looks pretty clean! I'd love to P-pump my truck, but I can't do that for another year or two. Unless I win the lottery or a miracle happens.LOL

Just Do it!!! You will love it!

I am so happy with the way everything turned out, I left the ECM hooked up so all the gauges work, tach, everything! The only thing differnet now is it has a CEL on and when you shut it off you have to pull a knob to kill the pump. And even with that you can install the electric solenoid so you wouldn't have a manual pull knob, but for pulling we wanted the pull knob. The thing I like the best is the raptor 150 fuel pump still only runs when the motor is running, so when you kill the motor the pump stops too.

Here is a little run down of the build,
Pump 13mm Scheid Pump and what ever they do to it.
DDP injectors (actually the same injector that we ran with the VP44).
Scheid lines
Fire ringed and ported the head (Scheid)
Scheid Cam,lifters,valves
Turbo Industrial Injection Silver 64
And other stuff but I am getting to tired and need sleep so just ask later and I'll get back here later.

Dustin

Just Do it!!! You will love it!

I am so happy with the way everything turned out, I left the ECM hooked up so all the gauges work, tach, everything! The only thing differnet now is it has a CEL on and when you shut it off you have to pull a knob to kill the pump. And even with that you can install the electric solenoid so you wouldn't have a manual pull knob, but for pulling we wanted the pull knob. The thing I like the best is the raptor 150 fuel pump still only runs when the motor is running, so when you kill the motor the pump stops too.

Here is a little run down of the build,
Pump 13mm Scheid Pump and what ever they do to it.
DDP injectors (actually the same injector that we ran with the VP44).
Scheid lines
Fire ringed and ported the head (Scheid)
Scheid Cam,lifters,valves
Turbo Industrial Injection Silver 64
And other stuff but I am getting to tired and need sleep so just ask later and I'll get back here later.

Dustin

That does sounds like A LOT of fuel for that 64..what are the specs on the injectors? Oh and i bet that sheid 13mm wasnt cheap!

im getting ready to ppump mine and ive got lightning 3's and when i called schied about having pop off changed to ppump pressure they said to leave them. they said they have had real good luck with them running good at vp pressure.

It runs perfect, we had the pop off pressures checked and they were at 4,000 psi or IIRC 275 bar. So Scheid said to leave them there.

Hmm...I know some people have them changed, I thought they all had to change...

It will affect timing, but there are a lot of guys that are running VP injectors with VP pop off pressures.

i didn't change my popoff. i got 200 ddps and mine runs really well. so far without tuning it all all we hit 551

Back