P-pump questions

Alright, so my truck has the 180hp pump. Mods to the pump include full cut DVs, 0 plate, 2095 rack plug, and 5kgsk. How can i get this thing to turn more rpms down the track?? Right now im turning about 3400-3600 down the track once im in 2nd gear with the TC locked up. Would it benefit me at all to have the pump tuned and calibrated/balanced? Just judging by the smoke ive got plenty of fuel to burn. Im still running the stock lift pump with the fuel pressure set at 40psi. Perhaps my pump is starving for fuel? Do i just need more air? Or could i get it to turn more rpms with a properly tuned pump? Heres a vid of my hook at stanford last week. Im the 7th truck to hook. If I could get it to turn 4K down the track, i think it would help out a lot.

Last edited:
You know that I don't *know* 12v's, but I think the time has come to address the fuel system =P Do you have a fp guage?

You may want to look at a aux fuel pump, but haveing it bench flowed can't hurt. I am only running a 3k gsk and I can get mine to rev to 3400rpms. Did exhaust springs come with the 5k kit, this might be another idea.