P pump swap.

083_mac

Bruiser
Im doing a ppump swap and i knkw theres plenty of threads on it. Although i cant find anything on return line for injectors. I have everything "i think i need" for the swap already getting nickle and dimed but when it come to the injector return line can you cut the banjo end off flare it and put a hose on it? Affraid the line may work its way off but what do you all think?

You can but I wouldnt... search in 2nd gen section.. you will find a couple different ways...

You can but I wouldnt... search in 2nd gen section.. you will find a couple different ways...

Ok i will give it a look ive been searching couldnt find anything. I hate to butcher up that return line because i know there not cheap.

You just need the airdog fitting if you don't want to cut it. Call Eric @ Vulcan performance or airdog.

Cut the banjo off mine slipped hose over end and used 2 hose clamps. Been perfectly fine for almost 10,000 miles.

Why use brass fittings when it's rubber hose? That's how my 1st gen was anyway. Short metal return line to rubber hose.

Why use brass fittings when it's rubber hose? That's how my 1st gen was anyway. Short metal return line to rubber hose.

Because it was what I wanted to use and felt comfortable using. Like I said 10,000 miles no problem... I was able to source the pieces locally and didn't have to wait on shipping across country (Vulcan is opposite coast from me) and have my truck down.

Just made common sense to me.$.02

Why not just buy a barbed T from Nashville rubber and gasket? If you cut it and used hose clamps, why fittings on the existing rubber hose connections? Just sayin... BTW, Eric ships usps priority so 3 days to TN.

Why not just buy a barbed T from Nashville rubber and gasket? If you cut it and used hose clamps, why fittings on the existing rubber hose connections? Just sayin... BTW, Eric ships usps priority so 3 days to TN.

Again.... because I was able to drive 20 mins down the road to the parts store and buy exactly what I needed. Not 45 minutes down to "Nashville Rubber & Gasket".... BTW "its worked flawlessly for the last 10,000 miles. The original poster asked "will it work" I answered his question YES it will and you continue to *bdh* over MY choice of how to remedy a situation on my truck that has had no ill consequences. Are you seriously that bored man? :bang

Also....nothing I have ever ordered from Vulcan has showed up in 3 days just FYI. Am I pleased with my orders I've place with them yes, other than the fact of shipping cross country just plane sucks.

All i did was ask a question. Why brass fittings on rubber hose, and you finally answered. I'm well aware it'll work. I just wondered why not a barbed T, available locally. I understand now it would be a 25min longer drive to get one. I was thinking you were closer to Nashville. Got a pic of your setup?

Back