P-Pump swap

tatersalad

hello everyone, im new to the site. but anyways i was wondering if anyone's done a p7100 swap on their 1st gen? i have a 92 club cab 4x4 5spd. and i will be trading some stuff for a complete p-pump swap :rockwoot:( dont know which pump yet ). anywyays, if anyone has any tips or tricks for this, id greatly appreciate it. thanks and have a great day!

Nathan Harden

Welcome to CompD! And yes, aVE to P7100 pump swap is a common upgrade... Just search for any info, there is alot of it here. :D

You are going to need:

Front timing case
2nd Gen Piston Lift Pump
Injection Pump
Injector Lines
2nd Gen Injectors
Better Turbo (not sure)

I believe that is it.

many people say it is easier to just buy a P-pumped engine and swap the whole thing out.

yea thats what ive heard, but i just talked to the guy that im gettin the swap kit from and he already did it to his 92 before, so he said he would be glad to help me with the swap. my goal is for 500HP. im wantin this list.....

4GSK, 191's, 370's or 435's, 2095 rack plug, an HE351 or HX-40, some 60lb springs, and some 14mm head studs, also want the timing advanced to 16-18*.

12mm studs will be fine. and maybe look into an s300 based turbo, something like an s362? what will the truck be used for?

i was debating the head stud size...and i will be DD it/ sled pulling here and there with it/ and i might go to cordova race way a couple times. mainly DD though....just wanting a BADA$$ 1st gen all around! cuz my trucks got the looks now im wanting to back it up under the hood!

For 500hp, I would go with a s362 or s364... 500 hp would be pretty hot with an He351 or HX40 I would think.

yeah i suppose your right, well maybe i will go with a 62/12. i may go for 600 or so on the meth. who knows i dont tow that much, so i might just go with a 64/14 or a 66/14

yeah i suppose your right, well maybe i will go with a 62/12. i may go for 600 or so on the meth. who knows i dont tow that much, so i might just go with a 64/14 or a 66/14

I wouldn't use meth to make power... maybe water if you need it to stay cool, but don't be a methhead, lol. Just my opinion. I think a 62/71/14 would work great for ya...

yeah thats what im thinking, ill just have to see when i get to that point. im just takin it one step at a time ya know. it'll be awhile before i can get to do this. honestly it'll probly be 3 months or so.

Dont forget The Ppump gear and a new nut and washer. You will also need to grind the head for clearance around the banjo bolt. Rich

You can use a 2nd gen throttle cable but it fits tight and if a motor mount were to break it could be dangerous. I used a universal one. Thats about all I can think of. Rich

well it all depends on money but yeah ive already got it all planned out. my friend helping me has already done the swap so he knows what he's doing.

if i could go back and do it all over, a 2nd gen motor would of been easier and less time consumming, but also cost more.

:doh:Go ahead take its lil heart out.

Na I'll prob be doin the same thing with mine also.

Waste of money at 500-600hp level. Piston pump is fine.

i agree, from what ive been told and seen its perfectly good till like 600+HP. but yeah thats what some say however the guy helping me can do the swap completely in 10-12 hours total. so it say im fine in the time category.:Cheer: