p-pump timing advanced 30 degree's

camo

well been working on my toy just gathering idea's had my 215 pump built by CDS half cut Dv's no plate and 5k gsk they set my pin time at 30 degree's advanced now it opens up and will turn 5k but having trouble with egt's getting high as in 1800 degree's with water meth was running a 66/71/14 going to twins gonna run a 64/71 over a s400 which is a 78/88 think i should leave the timing where it is and hope twins keep it cool or back the timing off some while i have her apart?? truck is drove on the road on and off but mostley a play toy whats ya thought's ???

I was running at 30* on the street...till it slightly melted some pistons and walked the cam gear off on it's first and only 120 MPH pass down the strip.

I had a built 215 pump, full cuts, 5k gsk and 62/ht4c twins. On that pass, it was HOT, I only have a 1600* gauge and I wasn't exactly staring at it, so I have no idea how long it was buried, but I'm sure it was. I was also running about 90+ pounds of boost at the time.

But for the month I had it running, it was the most fun I'd ever had in that truck. Yes that includes sex-not great sex of course. LOL

Now I'm waiting for it to be rebuilt.

lol yea my guage goes to 2400 i alwalys came out of it at 2000 really didnt need melted pistons lol thats my biggest concern is if twins will keep her cool or if i should knock her back to about 22 or so

BOTH LOL ...when mine melted i was still getting the tune right, it was pretty much turned all the way up and see what it does...now i know what it'll do, I'll start off with less fuel this time around.

wondering that same thing. if i should take mine down to around 22*. its currently at 27.5*. truck is mostly driving on the street with some sled pulling on the weekends. what do ya think?

well been working on my toy just gathering idea's had my 215 pump built by CDS half cut Dv's no plate and 5k gsk they set my pin time at 30 degree's advanced now it opens up and will turn 5k but having trouble with egt's getting high as in 1800 degree's with water meth was running a 66/71/14 going to twins gonna run a 64/71 over a s400 which is a 78/88 think i should leave the timing where it is and hope twins keep it cool or back the timing off some while i have her apart?? truck is drove on the road on and off but mostley a play toy whats ya thought's ???

what's the purpose of the truck? if driven on the street I would think 30 is too much. Crazy cylinder pressures if you are going to be lugging it around...

if going to twins and driving it on the street, drop it back around 20-24 and have a blast.

well i have another truck that is my daily driver this is more or less a toy gonna pull as much as possiable oh as far as road use maybe 5 miles to work or to town but no long huals probably gonna drop back to around 22 just to be on the safe side

I run mine at 24deg with the 13mm pump. With the twins I see no more than 1300deg on a dyno run. Under 1400 on a 1/4 mile run. I don't run full cuts though.

i have my truck at 30*but its a 215 pump and pulls some timing at full rack travel...what are the negative effects to driving it with such high timing? i just want to be able to take it out to the car meets on the weekends and stuff, its laggy and doesnt get insanely hot but is there something else i dont know that is bad about driving it with that much timing.

dang thats alot. so if your at 28* or so at WOT its only 24* and then if you have vp pop pressures thats another 2* so it would be 22* then correct?

My truck sprays out of the bowl at 28* or more. For racing I don't think it's bad at higher rpm's. I turned it down to 22* for daily driving. I am interested to see if I gain anything at the track if I bump it back up to 28*.

I have 24degrees of timing, but .... you need to forget the cold temp start and low end torque :doh:

Notice: I have 12V , but 24V should be similar

My truck sprays out of the bowl at 28* or more. For racing I don't think it's bad at higher rpm's. I turned it down to 22* for daily driving. I am interested to see if I gain anything at the track if I bump it back up to 28*.

do you have any special injector work such as spray angle and such. what motor do have?

do you have any special injector work such as spray angle and such. what motor do have?

My truck is an 02 24v and daily drive with F1 Mach 6's that were redesigned by DonM for a p pumped 24v. For the track I use DDP comps, but they are smokey. The F-1's are pretty clean considering my pump turned all the way down flows 550.

My truck is an 02 24v and daily drive with F1 Mach 6's that were redesigned by DonM for a p pumped 24v. For the track I use DDP comps, but they are smokey. The F-1's are pretty clean considering my pump turned all the way down flows 550.

but your truck is still slow:hehe:

What injectors are you running? I run 32 with 6x012s and a 66/74 and It will only hit 1400 all day long. I tried cut dvs,191s,131s,181 and 024s. The 181s are what I run and they make the most power and run the coolest.If you have a good pump 181s or 191s will be more than enough fuel.